ahmadinejad attacked
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Goto page:  1, 2 Next
Forum index » General Public » Politics
Reply to topic
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010 11:52:17 am    Post subject: ahmadinejad attacked Reply with quote

i rarely wish ill will on anyone but i wish this muthfu*** had it land in his lap

click HERE for Yahoo article

Quote:
Iran's Ahmadinejad survives blast near motorcade

TEHRAN (Reuters) – Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad survived an attack with a homemade explosive device on his motorcade during a visit to the western city of Hamadan on Wednesday, a source in his office said.

The source said Ahmadinejad's convoy was targeted as he was traveling from Hamadan's airport to give a speech in a local sports arena and the president was unhurt but others had been injured in the blast.

One person had been arrested, the presidency source said. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.

The populist, hard-line Ahmadinejad has accumulated enemies in conservative and reformist circles in the Islamic Republic as well as abroad.

Al Arabiya television said an attacker had thrown a bomb at Ahmadinejad's convoy before being detained.

Dubai-based Al Arabiya television cited its own sources as saying the bomb had hit a car carrying journalists and presidential staff.

Ahmadinejad appeared on live Iranian television at a sports stadium in Hamadan. He was apparently well and made no mention of any assault.

During a speech to a conference of expatriate Iranians in Tehran on Monday, Ahmadinejad said he believed he was the target of an assassination plot by Israel. "The stupid Zionists have hired mercenaries to assassinate me," he said.

The oil market initially reacted calmly to reports of the attempted attack.

One energy analyst said: "People are just waiting to see what this is about - to confirm the nature of the action."

Ahmadinejad recently sought to isolate rival political factions by declaring that "the regime has only one party, which is the velayat" -- a reference to Shi'ite Islam's hidden Imam, for now represented by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

One of Ahmadinejad's trademarks has been constant travel around his vast country to deliver provocative speeches before outwardly adoring crowds who shout "death" to Iran's foes.

(Additional reporting by Alistair Lyon in Beirut; Writing by Mark Heinrich; Editing by Peter Millership)

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
ALL YOUR MOM'S ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010 12:41:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. Shocked

ZERO

WK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010 12:43:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange, if they get rid of ahmadinejad who are they going to have to start their next war with. ww3 coming to a country near you. Wink

You know Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump. Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and he won a ping-pong competition? That ain’t retarded.

You went full retard, man. Never go full retard.
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010 01:03:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WK wrote:
strange, if they get rid of ahmadinejad who are they going to have to start their next war with. ww3 coming to a country near you. Wink

nah the US wont attack countries leaders that outright say they hate you. refer to north korea....and i pray that doesnt happen for my families sake.

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
WK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010 03:36:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a lot of poking going on back and forth. Iran will be attacked IMO by israel or the US, it may be in 'response' to some 'terror' attack but its coming, if you listen to all the rhetoric going on about iran for the last couple years, it all points to a justification for a 3rd war over in the middle east. Many belive that if this occurs it will be the begining of ww3 due to the allies attached to iran/israel

You know Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump. Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and he won a ping-pong competition? That ain’t retarded.

PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010 05:53:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WK wrote:
theres a lot of poking going on back and forth. Iran will be attacked IMO by israel or the US, it may be in 'response' to some 'terror' attack but its coming, if you listen to all the rhetoric going on about iran for the last couple years, it all points to a justification for a 3rd war over in the middle east. Many belive that if this occurs it will be the begining of ww3 due to the allies attached to iran/israel

US - Israel - Germany - France - England

Iran - Russia - China - N. Korea - Palestine - Lebanon

Egypt and Turkey are wild cards.

yeah i guess that could easliy happen...and that would be one hell of a war

the way the non-proliferation treaty was written, it gave anyone who signed it the right to enrich uranium to X percentage. with no major oversight. stupid if you ask me.

but over the past 5-6 years there has been the same old back and forth blah blah blah BS crap. why wait? do it now. get it over with. all it has ever been is speculation.

no one has anything more than really strong hunch over nuclear weapons.

we start wars over hunches and pre-emptive notions so much and waste trillions getting so little accomplished. so you're probably right about an attack on iran by that logic.

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010 09:35:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say wait 2 years and 2 months til we attack. That way I'll be out of the Army and not have anything to do with all that. Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq are too damn much as it is. Going to war on that kind of scale would severely hurt the US Armed Forces. Especially in the morale department.

PERverSIAN wrote:
you're totally correct J...totally right my friend.
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2010 01:13:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesterx99 wrote:
i say wait 2 years and 2 months til we attack. That way I'll be out of the Army and not have anything to do with all that. Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq are too damn much as it is. Going to war on that kind of scale would severely hurt the US Armed Forces. Especially in the morale department.

ok then its set!!! October 2012...just in time for 12/21/12 and the end of the world!!! good call jester

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2010 12:11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERverSIAN wrote:
jesterx99 wrote:

ok then its set!!! October 2012...just in time for 12/21/12 and the end of the world!!! good call jester

funny how the dates work out like that. jester getting out of the army seems to correspond with the prognosticated end of the world.

weird.

lips sealed

ZERO

jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2010 09:19:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO wrote:
PERverSIAN wrote:
jesterx99 wrote:

funny how the dates work out like that. jester getting out of the army seems to correspond with the prognosticated end of the world.

weird.

lips sealed

cuz when i get back to the 'real' world... i'm going to tear shit up!!!! your mom's included!!! ALL YOUR MOM'S ARE BELONG TO ME!!!

but yeah definitely weird

PERverSIAN wrote:
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2010 09:24:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesterx99 wrote:

LMFAO

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 11:45:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO!

whatever kind of deal you've got worked out with my mom is none of my business. lips sealed although, i don't know how you wouldn't know what i've got going on with your mom - the way she screams at night. hello!!!!!

nah, but seriously.

when you do get back, you better have a 4 stringed instrument in your hand and be ready to play. i'm getting real tired of waiting. Rolling Eyes

ZERO

jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 12:25:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO wrote:
when you do get back, you better have a 4 stringed instrument in your hand and be ready to play. i'm getting real tired of waiting. Rolling Eyes

yes yes, I know. There WILL be a new "big fish" and rocking!

but back to Ahmadinejad... the iranian George W. look-a-like didn't go boom... *tear*

PERverSIAN wrote:
WK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 12:52:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting read

August Forecast: Cloudy With a Chance of Mayhem
http://revoltoftheplebs.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/august-forecast-cloudy-with-a-chance-of-mayhem/

July may have gone out with a whimper, but August may very well come in with a BANG!

The eighth month on the Gregorian calendar has a notoriously violent past. World War I kicked in to high gear on August 4, 1914 when Great Britain declared war on Germany (after they refused to withdraw from Belgium). World War II went up in smoke on August 9th, 1945 when the U.S. dropped its 2nd nuclear bomb—on the people of Japan—at Nagasaki. Will August 10th, 2010 go down in history as the beginning of World War III?

Indulge me.

August is a month when public apathy to world affairs and politics is at an all time high. Stock and commodities markets are slow; people are either on vacation or getting their kids ready for school. What a better time to sneak in Armageddon while parents are more concerned about getting the family out to see the last of those summer movies or hitting the beach before the water gets too cold. World War III is imminent—and it will begin with a strike on Iran—possibly this month. So live it up folks, because this may be the last carefree summer you’ll be able to enjoy for a long time.

On Sunday’s “Meet The Press”, the U.S. chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, said that the U.S. has an attack plan ready to deal with Iran’s nuclear ambitions. He stated that, “Military options have been on the table and remain on the table. It’s one of the options that the president has. I hope we don’t get to that, but it’s an important option, and it’s one that’s well understood.”

No further details were provided as to the specifics of “the plan,” but you can be sure that the Israeli government will play a significant role. Early last week, Israeli Defense Minister, Ehud Barak, told the Washington Post that the U.S., its European allies and even Russia are now beginning to concede to the reality of Iran’s determination to reach its full nuclear capabilities. But he didn’t believe that the current sanctions would be adequate enough to stop them.

“They [the Iranians] are ready to dance in every arena,” said the Israeli warlord. “They are ready to defy and deceive and to cheat and to make diplomatic gestures and to renew them. It doesn’t matter. They are determined to reach nuclear military capability—and now it’s still time for sanctions—but not forever—and nothing short of much tighter sanctions could be—if ever—to convince them to stop it.” Later in the interview, Barak went one step further and almost scoffed at the idea of sanctions, stating that, “whether you call them crippling or paralyzing, or I don’t know, lethal…Probably at a certain point we should realize that sanctions cannot work.”

Barak also gave high grades to the Obama administration for stepping up its support for violent—I mean military—action against the Islamic state. Barak said, “I can see there is a change in the administration approach to this issue. It’s not just change of phrases, they used to say ‘it’s unacceptable’ and now they say ‘we are determined’ to prevent [Iran from achieving its nuclear capabilities].

Obama certainly has turned a corner in his dealings with the Israeli government. No longer is he even trying to pretend that he’s a man of peace. When Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu visited Washington recently, Obama did a turn around like the Nevada Senator did after he was caught with a dead hooker in “The Godfather, Part II.” He smiled and cajoled and did everything but get down on his knees and kiss BB’s ring. Obama made no mention of the murderous attack on an American citizen in international waters. He didn’t have a thing to say about the illegal settlements in East Jerusalem or the human rights violations against the people of Gaza. Instead, Obama pledged unconditional support for whatever crime Israel was planning next. Obama said, “We strongly believe that, given its [Israel’s] size, its history, the region that it’s in, and the threats that are leveled against us — against it, that Israel has unique security requirements. It’s got to be able to respond to threats or any combination of threats in the region. And that’s why we remain unwavering in our commitment to Israel’s security. And the United States will never ask Israel to take any steps that would undermine their security interests.”

Notice how Obama said “against us” and then corrected himself by saying “against it.” I believe he did that purposely to assure Israel and all their supporters that Obama now considers the U.S. and Israel to be one in the same. Remember when Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) addressed the Republican Jewish Coalition earlier this year and said “[W]e have to show that we are inextricably entwined, that as a nation we have been blessed because of our relationship with Israel, and if we reject Israel, then there is a curse that comes into play.” Obama is starting to sound more like one of these fanatical, Israel-first NeoCon’s every day.

So that pretty much seals our fate, does it not? With that statement, Obama is giving Israel carte blanche to do just about anything from a false flag terrorist attack to an outright provocation. And there is a mounting supply of evidence that that attack will be carried out sooner than later.

Why August? Iran is set to launch its first nuclear power plant—located in Bushear—by September. This project is a joint effort between Iran and their Russian ally and has suffered a number of setbacks over the past 15 months. Last April, author and communication’s strategist Joel C. Rosenberg posted an article on his blog entitled “Will Israel Strike Iran By August?” In that piece, Rosenberg contemplates whether or not Netanyahu will order a preemptive military strike against “all of Iran’s nuclear sites” before they are allowed to go “hot.” He reminds us that Netanyahu’s mentor, Menachem Begin, ordered an Israeli air strike against Saddam Hussein’s Osirik nuclear reactor in Iraq before it went “hot” in 1981.

click the link for the entire blog, hes done a fair amount of looking into this and while it seems unlikely to us who are so far away from this watching sports, celebrity gossip and reality tv (by and large the american public are sleep walking when it comes to world affairs), its not out of the realm of possible. some people think going into iraq then afganistan was required first in order to surround iran before an attack. if thats true then going after iran has been on the table for years and starting other wars was required to achieve this. lots of rabbit holes if you start to think about this.

PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 02:00:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this article does nothing for me. there are a hundred more just like it that say the same thing about july, october, january....

i still never understood how preventing iran from getting nuclear weapons by arming israel with nuclear weapons is good foreign policy. all it does is produce an arms race. the cold war never ended...just shifted. they plant the seed then blow the tree up.

ww3 could have started with cuba, vietnam or iraq when the whole world said dont do it.

surrounding iran in iraq and afghanistan does nothing either. actually troops are leaving iraq and nothing is being staged there. slow progress in afghanistan (undeveloped, unorganized) and then iran????? highly organized country with a substantial army...not pissed off insurgents with sling shots. they've been in the persian gulf since the 70's. they led a coup that didn't work....twice. what are they waiting for??? do it

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
Forum index » General Public » Politics

Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]
Goto page:  1, 2 Next