Moderators:  UTG Mods
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3 Next
Forum index » General Public » Politics
Reply to topic
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009 02:06:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though i'm on my honeymoon, its so hard no to keep up with what is going on. so i will give my quick thoughts on this of course....

so far your posts have all been so right on. limitations on phone calls have made it hard to gauge the pulse of things from my family, but you're right phy. the youth have launched a war in some sorts. they have used the internet to their advantage lately to show how things are and what they believe. they want good relations with the west and most importantly, israel. the most remarkable thing to me...its a peaceful protest. they just march by the tens of thousands in silence.

you cant stop this movement. with technology, you just cant stop the flow of info. its right there!!!

cops are starting to protect protestors. this is a revolution no matter what anybody thinks. i pray the citizens win and i also hope thus revolution does not bring into power another set of bad times.

i am so happy this system of govt can potentially be rid of. lets hope good things are finally on the horizon. talk to you all soon. take care. i need to log off before i type a novel and ruin my honeymoon week.

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
ALL YOUR MOM'S ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009 12:47:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

google and other web sites are translating farsi...i wonder how many websites the regime can bloack in hopes repressing the real truth

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 12:44:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's good to see that the Iranian protestors are still fighting the police even after Khamenei's threats.

I think it's funny how Khamenei, a Shia Muslim, is not listening to the people's voice. Doesn't a Shia Muslim believe in the 12 Imams, especially in the 12th Imam, Mahdi (the Hidden Imam) that never died who technically is still the leader of the Shiites? And it's said that Mahdi's will is spoken through the voice of the Shiites. That's the main reason why there is an "islamic republic" in Iran, the voice of the people = the will of Mahdi. But the religious leaders have been giving the people their choices instead of letting them freely choose.

Another thing, isn't the most holy of Shiite places in Najaf, Iraq? Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani, who is the leader of that town, is technically higher than Khamenei. All one would have to do is have Sistani (theoretically) go to the Guardian Council in Iran and negate everything the council is doing. But he will never be allowed to cross into Iran, the same as the grand ayatollahs that are being held in house arrest in Iran will never be allowed to cross over into Iraq to go to Najaf.

Iran really should not be an enemy to America. Obama should do everything in his power to finally befriend Iran. The main enemy are the Wahhabi Sunnis (Bin Laden, the entire Saudi family) who are destroying and making a mockery out of Mecca. But that's a whoooole other topic.
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 03:55:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt vote in the dem primary, i was a ron paul guy...but, obama is indirectly responsible for the iranian people doing what they are doing. the iranian youth would not rise up if they knew anyone would meddle in this. he has already tried to befriend iran with his nowruz vid. the youth of iran know they can rise up on their terms now. so long as obama keeps his mouth shut...for now

but you're totally correct about the ayatollahs complete hypocrisy J...totally right my friend.

they are raiding the northern part of tehran, peoples homes...my aunt, uncle and 3 cousins live in that area. i pray they are ok...

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 02:50:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been getting emails from my cousin. university students have been killed apparently for no reason other than protesting. no one is safe according to my cousin who is a univ student

unfortunatley, the protest size is diminishing by the day and my main beef in all of this is the iranians do not have a defined leader. moussavi is just chillin at home. this cant happen without an opposition leader or someone kickin rocks. khamanei is really not all that powerful. rafsanjani (a powerful cleric, 2 term president) has the ability to vote khamanei out of power, or at least start the process.

the good things i have seen:
1. rift in guardian council between clerics
2. clerics in the front lines of protests to stop fatalities

i wish i could be there

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 04:27:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last night there was a program on the national geographic channel about the recent history of iran and the west. it was a 2-hour program and was pretty interesting, actually. don't have anything specific to add about it, other than if you're clicking through and stumble across it, give it a look.

My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 05:40:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read an article that said that there will most likely be a cycle to the protests and uprisings that will follow along the mourning days of Shiites. I think they mourn on the 3rd, 5th and 40th day? Anyways, on the 40th day, people will gather together and mourn a death of a protester which will cause another round of tension and possibly protester deaths, and 40 days later it will repeat. Apparently this happened a lot in the revolution in Iran 30 years ago.
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 05:47:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesterx99 wrote:
i read an article that said that there will most likely be a cycle to the protests and uprisings that will follow along the mourning days of Shiites. I think they mourn on the 3rd, 5th and 40th day? Anyways, on the 40th day, people will gather together and mourn a death of a protester which will cause another round of tension and possibly protester deaths, and 40 days later it will repeat. Apparently this happened a lot in the revolution in Iran 30 years ago.

i read about 'neda' and her funeral....the gov't didnt allow a public funeral for her becuase it would create a gathering. and yes, it is the 3rd 5th and 40th day. day 40 is the big one.

define irony: a clerical shia establishment tries to supress a shia society by creating martyrs out of them.

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 05:54:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutarsky wrote:
last night there was a program on the national geographic channel about the recent history of iran and the west. it was a 2-hour program and was pretty interesting, actually. don't have anything specific to add about it, other than if you're clicking through and stumble across it, give it a look.

yeah, im not sure if they touched on this having not seen it...but the crappy thing of it all is britain is really the one that jacked it all up. mossadeq (then iranian prime minister, times man of the year 1951) broke away from a deal where britain and iran split iran's oil revunues 50-50. mossadeq thought that was a raw deal, pulled out so he could give the revenues to the people and then winston churchill lies to the US by saying mosadeq was a communist...basically using the US by lying to them to create the 1953 cout d'etat on mossadeq considering the cold war/communist movement despised by the US at the time. thats where this all began. it also a huge part of the palestenian conflict but i'd digress to far by explaining that.

this is why it is bad to meddle imo and the US prez is spot on for now.

ahmadinejad to hell.jpg
ahmadinejad to hell.jpg - Viewed: 226 Time(s)

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 06:03:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT HUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31392993/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 06:22:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is unbelieveable:

Quote:
Many of the stories are about continuing violence against students, and in the first report below, one family whose son was killed is told they must pay a $3,000 "bullet" fee before they can get his body back.

iran really isn't doing themselves any favors in the eyes of the world. that is ridiculous.

ZERO

Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009 02:31:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERverSIAN wrote:
...rafsanjani (a powerful cleric, 2 term president) has the ability to vote khamanei out of power, or at least start the process...

well, it's a start:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/07/17/iran.rafsanjani/index.html

Quote:
Rafsanjani calls for release of Iran's post-election prisoners

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- One of Iran's most powerful clerics, Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, has called on the Iranian government to release those people arrested following last month's disputed presidential election.

"There is no need to have these numbers of people in prison," the former Iranian president said during his highly anticipated Friday sermon.

"Let them come back to their families. Let the enemy not laugh at us and criticize us. We must sympathize with those who have suffered damages. The system cannot lose them. If the system reapproaches them they will come back to us."

Tens of thousands of people gathered in and around Tehran University as Rafsanjani spoke for about an hour, according to witnesses at the speech. Iranian police used tear gas to disperse some of the crowds.

Rafsanjani backs reformist Mir Hossein Moussavi, the opposition candidate who challenged hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in the disputed June 12 vote.

My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009 01:55:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutarsky wrote:
PERverSIAN wrote:
...rafsanjani (a powerful cleric, 2 term president) has the ability to vote khamanei out of power, or at least start the process...

well, it's a start:

yes it is and i hope it does happen, and it seems that it may have started. if this is going at the pace of the 79 revolution, this one is actually moving quite rapidly in comparison. the people started to revolt in 77 actually, so it took two years for the shah to be removed. the difference here is that powerful clerics are now helping.

khammanaei (or as i like tio call him...a-hole) was actually not the successor the khommeni. i think it was a cleric named montazeri (may need verification)...but he was exiled after saying the supreme leader should not have absolute power...go figure.

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2009 01:05:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090720/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_election

good news to me...

Quote:
There have always been behind-the-scenes power struggles within Iran's leadership, but rarely have they been so open or had such high stakes. The conflict now is in part over the authority of the supreme leader, who sits at the top of the country's political and religious hierarchy and who in the eyes of conservatives is the representative of God's rule.

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2009 09:05:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome...so ahmadinejad's VP nom got the thumbs down from the supreme leader (his strongest supporter)...and to make it better...ahmadinejad is defying the supreme leaders ruling on the matter...LOL

what some thought is a theocratic ruling nation has recently seen a totalitarian militaristic government...and as of today its the turban circus clowns from outer space Question Rolling Eyes thinking

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090722/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_politics

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
Forum index » General Public » Politics

Page 2 of 3 [37 Posts]
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3 Next