The new instagib blast
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Goto page:  1, 2 Next
Forum index » UT Gaming » UT3 Chat
Reply to topic
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007 05:37:09 am    Post subject: The new instagib blast Reply with quote

...sucks rocks. It's two beams in one and I can't get a feel for where the focal point of the beam is.

Johne (Phy) Cook | Overlord, Ray Gun Revival
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007 05:50:24 am    Post subject: Re: The new instagib blast Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
...sucks rocks. It's two beams in one and I can't get a feel for where the focal point of the beam is.

is it possible that by turning down detail it'll look different? i recall one of the 2k-suck versions having the beam look less crappy when you turned down one of the detail settings. Question

My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
Fragman
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007 06:24:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The menu has very weak video settings, meaning lacking of options and details by not having individual settings per graphics settings. There's a very general method to cranking up or down video. It looks like a job for the *.ini* l33t.... which doesn't look easy. I'm very impressed with Epic but they do really need to address some minor issues like the front end menu etc.... Quality Control went right out the window on this area imo

rontu88@hotmail.com
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007 08:41:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've always been a late adopter -- always waiting for at least the first patch Wink i'm *this close* to getting this game soon, but perhaps continuing my string of waiting for patches might not be so bad Wink

My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
MystaFragZ
Killing Spree
Killing Spree

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007 06:11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kindof like it.

action shot;)

MystaFragZ:(Mist-uh-Frags)
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2007 11:47:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody else having trouble hitting things with the new IG blast? I can't hit jack.

Burnout
Killing Spree
Killing Spree

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007 02:04:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably would have a problem if I could find a server that has LGI... Sad

If you ever want to play Phy, hit me up or something. I've got AIM/MSN/XFire/Vent/TS... I want to play UT3 LGI!!!

Fragman
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007 05:22:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
Is anybody else having trouble hitting things with the new IG blast? I can't hit jack.

uhuh, when playin Instant Action, my ping is 100+ as i'm on a bad connection until i move in the near future... none the less I find it very hard to adjust to..

rontu88@hotmail.com
Bonecrusher
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007 12:11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my ping was between 30 and 50 on our server... and I noticed that its much more accurate if you take your time. It's definately not "more like UT99" because the shot is still instant hit if you ask me. It took me about 2 games to adjust, then I started hitting pretty well.

If only the xhair didn't change colors sometimes even when you DON'T hit something Mad

Fragman
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007 02:22:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and purchased this wireless keyboard/mouse combo as well and i think its giving me half my problem since i'm so used to playing with a Razor mouse

rontu88@hotmail.com
Burnout
Killing Spree
Killing Spree

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007 11:24:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonecrusher wrote:
Well my ping was between 30 and 50 on our server... and I noticed that its much more accurate if you take your time. It's definately not "more like UT99" because the shot is still instant hit if you ask me. It took me about 2 games to adjust, then I started hitting pretty well.

If only the xhair didn't change colors sometimes even when you DON'T hit something Mad

I hate that as well, you know damn well if those xhairs turn red in IG and they dont die, that it's BS, haha.

Fragman wrote:
I went and purchased this wireless keyboard/mouse combo as well and i think its giving me half my problem since i'm so used to playing with a Razor mouse

Wireless, why?! Crying

Incubus
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007 11:48:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phy wrote:

No man, unlike you, we have skills!

j/k ofcourse Kiss Wink

"As long as there is you, there is me, and together, WE MAKE EIG!"

{+EIG+} For Life
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007 02:01:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incubus wrote:
Phy wrote:

No man, unlike you, we have skills!

j/k ofcourse Kiss Wink

I was waiting for that, but I can't argue with that.

I do just fine in COD4, but it's a different style of gameplay entirely. I just hit first lieutenant last night. I can pick people off in that game just fine, but I'm pumping out a lot more lead. With IG, I can't walk my pattern into somebody, find a sweet-spot, and drop them.

TAZTG
Dominating
Dominating

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007 07:07:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does take getting some adjustment. Once you get use to the speed and movement it gets better. We got the Headshot Mutator running and its alot harder getting Headshots now. Just takes alot of practice to get the hang of it.

TAZTG CASE MODS
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2007 02:54:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something about the new patch makes instagib not only possible, but enjoyable again. It's still hard, just not nearly impossible. I played last night with a guy from Epic and had the second highest score.

This is the UT3 I was waiting for, the feel of UT99 and the look and sound of the latest state-of-the-art graphics and sound.

UT instagib is back.

Forum index » UT Gaming » UT3 Chat

Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]
Goto page:  1, 2 Next