Forum index » General Public » Politics
Reply to topic
Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007 11:40:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesterx99 wrote:
PERverSIAN wrote:
do you think the french know anything about the US if they never talk to an american or come here to visit? ill guess not.

no, but i'm sure they watch tv and other news networks where they get there views on america

i think the french have learned all they shall ever need to know about americans from visiting americans.
jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007 12:58:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven-MOK wrote:
jesterx99 wrote:
PERverSIAN wrote:
do you think the french know anything about the US if they never talk to an american or come here to visit? ill guess not.

no, but i'm sure they watch tv and other news networks where they get there views on america

i think the french have learned all they shall ever need to know about americans from visiting americans.

lol true... especially a couple of architecture students from the Univ of Houston a couple years ago... i'm sure they learned a lot about americans
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007 04:41:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesterx99 wrote:
lol true... especially a couple of architecture students from the Univ of Houston a couple years ago... i'm sure they learned a lot about americans

wow.

now i know you're not talking about us? you must be refering to the group that went the year after.

Razz

ZERO

jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007 05:42:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO wrote:
jesterx99 wrote:

wow.

now i know you're not talking about us? you must be refering to the group that went the year after.

Razz

ughhh... no... the year behind you guys were ID E UTS
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007 07:36:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.

Laughing

ZERO

PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 05:16:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to balance the scales a bit here. im sure it will recieve much backlash and disgust, but hey, what good would i be if i didnt show both sides of the coin?

keep in mind, it isnt a backing of the iranian prez. just the principle of the matter they try and bring up. and its a valid point i think. most university students are opposed to the current regime and thats why there are riots there all the time. so try and imagine this dynamic.

Iranian University Chancellors Ask Bollinger 10 Questions

http://www.farsnews.com/English/newstext.php?nn=8606300370

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- Seven chancellors and presidents of Iranian
universities and research centers, in a letter addressed to their
counterpart in the US, Colombia University, denounced Lee Bollinger's
insulting words against the Iranian nation and president and invited
him to provide responses to 10 questions by Iranian academics and
intellectuals.

The following is the full text of the letter:

Mr. Lee Bollinger, Columbia University President

We, the professors and heads of universities and research institutions
in Tehran, hereby announce our displeasure and protest at your impolite
remarks prior to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's recent speech
at Columbia University.

We would like to inform you that President Ahmadinejad was elected
directly by the Iranian people through an enthusiastic two-round poll
in which almost all of the country's political parties and groups
participated. To assess the quality and nature of these elections you
may refer to US news reports on the poll dated June 2005.

Your insult, in a scholarly atmosphere, to the president of a country
with a population of 72 million and a recorded history of 7,000 years of
civilization and culture is deeply shameful.

Your comments, filled with hate and disgust, may well have been
influenced by extreme pressure from the media, but it is regrettable that
media
policy-makers can determine the stance a university president adopts in
his speech.

Your remarks about our country included unsubstantiated accusations
that were the product of guesswork as well as media propaganda. Some of
your
claims result from misunderstandings that can be clarified through
dialogue and further research.

During his speech, Mr. Ahmadinejad answered a number of your questions
and those of students. We are prepared to answer any remaining questions in
a scientific, open and direct debate.

You asked the president approximately ten questions. Allow us to ask
you ten of our own questions in the hope that your response will help clear
the atmosphere of misunderstanding and distrust between our two
countries and reveal the truth.

1- Why did the US media put you under so much pressure to prevent Mr.
Ahmadinejad from delivering his speech at Columbia University? And why
have American TV networks been broadcasting hours of news reports
insulting our president while refusing to allow him the opportunity to
respond? Is this not against the principle of freedom of speech?

2- Why, in 1953, did the US administration overthrow Iran's national
government under Dr Mohammad Mosaddegh and go on to support the Shah's
dictatorship?

3- Why did the US support the blood-thirsty dictator Saddam Hussein
during the 1980-88 Iraqi-imposed war on Iran, considering his reckless use
of
chemical weapons against Iranian soldiers defending their land and even
against his own people?

4- Why is the US putting pressure on the government elected by the
majority of Palestinians in Gaza instead of officially recognizing it?
And why does it oppose Iran's proposal to resolve the 60-year-old
Palestinian issue through a general referendum?

5- Why has the US military failed to find Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin
Laden even with all its advanced equipment? How do you justify the old
friendship between the Bush and Bin Laden families and their
cooperation on oil deals? How can you justify the Bush administration's
efforts to
disrupt investigations concerning the September 11 attacks?

6- Why does the US administration support the Mujahedin Khalq
Organization (MKO) despite the fact that the group has officially and
openly
accepted the responsibility for numerous deadly bombings and massacres in
Iran
and Iraq? Why does the US refuse to allow Iran's current government to act
against the MKO's main base in Iraq?

7- Was the US invasion of Iraq based on international consensus and did

international institutions support it? What was the real purpose behind

the invasion which has claimed hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives?
Where are the weapons of mass destruction that the US claimed were being
stockpiled in Iraq?

8- Why do America's closest allies in the Middle East come from
extremely undemocratic governments with absolutist monarchical regimes?

9- Why did the US oppose the plan for a Middle East free of
unconventional weapons in the recent session of the International Atomic
Energy Agency
Board of Governors despite the fact the move won the support of all
members other than Israel?

10- Why is the US displeased with Iran's agreement with the IAEA and
why does it openly oppose any progress in talks between Iran and the agency
to resolve the nuclear issue under international law?

Finally, we would like to express our readiness to invite you and other
scientific delegations to our country. A trip to Iran would allow you
and your colleagues to speak directly with Iranians from all walks of life
including intellectuals and university scholars. You could then assess
the realities of Iranian society without media censorship before making
judgments about the Iranian nation and government.

You can be assured that Iranians are very polite and hospitable toward
their guests.

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
ALL YOUR MOM'S ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 05:40:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can answer most of these, but the answer to #3 specifically would be extremely distasteful in print.

i know this is not your letter, but do they point to evidence around #5? i mean, the political damage to the GOP would be immense ifthere were any truth to that one. (other than a m moore movie, or a crackpot web movie claiming a missile hit the pentagon instead of an airplane).
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 06:02:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/040607L.shtml

its still an accusation that has gone on unanswered. im not saying one way or the other to be honest, but come on. the bush family was friends with bin laden to overthrow russian power in afghanistan and the tall, skinny bastard was trained by the US. that may answer why they cant find him at least

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 07:08:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is dumb, for one very clear obvious reason -- they are asking a university president to explain choices and decisions and policy which is not his. all of these questions should be addresses elsewhere.

question #1 should be addressed to media heads -- a university president does not control the media, nor is he responsible for what or how they choose to report anything. in fact, the university president offered the perfect platform to respond to all claims made by bollinger, but ahmadinejad decided to babble endlessly about nothing instead of using his time to respond.

question #2 should be addressed to president eisenhower or those in his administration who made the decision. since they're no longer around, those concerns would rightly be brought up with the current administration. this university president had no hand in anything that happened back then.

question #3 should be directed to president regan's administration. many of those folks are still around and active. those people made the decisions and are obviously the ones to talk to. mr. bollinger, a current-day university president is obvously not responsible for those decisions.

question #4 bollinger doesn't make policy, no reason to ask him about why there's pressure ... ask someone who can answer it?

question #5, again, should not be directed at a university president. beyond that, however, aside from the question being insulting (the implication, of course, is that bush is directly in-league with bin laden), it's just plain asinine. everybody wants to know where bin laden is, but if one person wants to play hard to get on a planet this big (with friendly or not so friendly governments helping them out) it's going to be pretty damn hard to find them. duh?

question #6 (standard statement about bollinger not being the dude to ask) i personally don't know much about this group, and i won't pretend to, but a quick look indicates it's a group which wants to overthrow the current regime in iran. coalition forces were initially fighting it out with them, like all other similar groups in iraq, but then they signed a cease fire agreement and disarmed (supposedly). the irony here, is that iran doesn't like it when there's a "terrorist group" they don't like that is "being protected" by someone else, but they harbor and support countless terrorist groups elsewhere to do their dirty work.

question #7 (standard statement about bollinger not being the dude to ask) yes, it was based on at least some international consensus (aside from some corrupt people or countries who stood to gain much money directly from shady deals with iraq, and who stood to lose millions or billions of dollars if iraq was liberated). "what was the real reason..." is plain stupidity -- the real reason was to help the people by ridding them of their insane leader, and was supported by nearly all intelligence agencies in the world. where are iraq's wmd's? probably in syria.

question #8 (standard statement about bollinger not being the dude to ask) it's most likely a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils.

question #9 (standard statement about bollinger not being the dude to ask) who knows, but just based on the text of the question, i'd guess that it's because it would force israel to disarm (and since they are a more open society, would likely be held to it), while there's no guarantee that others like iran who are actively trying to get 'the bomb' would almost certainly get away with it. additionally, countries like syria who very well might have some, most, or all of iraq's stash of wmd's already have it and are hiding it (also take into account recent "cooperation" between north korea and syria with rumored nuke activities, well, use your imagination).

question #10 (standard statement about bollinger not being the dude to ask) more and more and more and more delaying tactics. they've had long enough, open the doors and be transparent. more talks is just more delays to get more done before they have to account for it.

the real difference is that bollinger addressed his questions and comments to the guy most readily able to answer them -- he's the head of the country and was offered the platform to answer. these people, on the other hand, made an utterly useless move to address questions at a university president -- NOT a person who can or should address them. surely they're not daft enough to believe this comes across as anything more than a silly stunt?

My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
WK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 09:05:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluto these are educated ppl asking these question "Iranian University Chancellors Ask Bollinger 10 Questions " are you suggesting their logic to be so poor that they couldnt see their questions obviously misplaced responsibility of a nations actions on a univeristy president rather than a government? or that their 10 questions may have been influenced by the Iranian powers that be?

smileys make it ok Razz

You know Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump. Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and he won a ping-pong competition? That ain’t retarded.

You went full retard, man. Never go full retard.
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 09:13:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know what else, who are these people? they are described in the letter as "...Seven chancellors and presidents of Iranian universities and research centers...", and introduce themselves with the line "We, the professors and heads of universities and research institutions in Tehran..." -- and yet their names, their institutions, and their own credentials are notably absent.

is this even legit?

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 09:41:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutarsky wrote:
is this even legit?

knowing Perv... it's definitely NOT legit Very Happy *smileys DO make it ok
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 11:26:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol......oh man. everytime i post questions about the US administration, the validity of the source asking it is questioned. in reality its a very smart response, but only for uneducated spoon fed sheep, which unfortunatley accounts for most of the population.

nonetheless, just trying to keep both sides in check, but i guess americans wanting to be able to do anything without being questioned shouldnt be so shocking to me.

can anyone answer these questions? anyone? Raven? who cares about how brash it is, you usually have something good to say

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 11:31:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutarsky wrote:
ya know what else, who are these people? they are described in the letter as "...Seven chancellors and presidents of Iranian universities and research centers...", and introduce themselves with the line "We, the professors and heads of universities and research institutions in Tehran..." -- and yet their names, their institutions, and their own credentials are notably absent.

is this even legit?

your ability to retain information is not that good is it? this proves your one sided narrow uneducated view of the world. i have said this many times.

individuals in iran will not always come forth with their real names. they will be put in jail, or even killed if the accusations a true/harsh enough. they can not speak as freely as we can here.

these are good questions. whether or not they imply the US has been wrong, it still makes the brain work. it mke speople find out for themselves if this is true or not.

dude, stop speaking on this topic, you have no idea how to respond like an educated individual. moooooooooooo

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2007 11:49:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERverSIAN wrote:
Blutarsky wrote:

is this even legit?

your ability to retain information is not that good is it? this proves your one sided narrow uneducated view of the world. i have said this many times.

individuals in iran will not always come forth with their real names. they will be put in jail, or even killed if the accusations a true/harsh enough. they can not speak as freely as we can here.

these are good questions. whether or not they imply the US has been wrong, it still makes the brain work. it mke speople find out for themselves if this is true or not.

dude, stop speaking on this topic, you have no idea how to respond like an educated individual. moooooooooooo

i *honestly* can't believe you're responding to my very legitimate question in the manner you did. my question is not only valid, it should be an obvious requirement PRIOR to repeating unsubstantiated/unattributed material. if this had been "several unnamed presidents from unnamed anonymous US universities..." i would have asked the same question. especially these days with the internet and anybody being able to post anything -- where's the confirmation that it's truly legit? that's all i want.

Forum index » General Public » Politics

Page 3 of 4 [56 Posts]
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Next