UTGamers.com Forum Index

ahmadinejad at columbia university...
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Forum index » General Public » Politics
Reply to topic
Author Message
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Posts: 2357
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2007 05:28:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutarsky wrote:
PERverSIAN wrote:
...why is it you always run to his defense? whay dont you defend all tyrannical fanatics the same? ...

sir, you're an idiot. i'm sorry, but that's it. clear cut, plain and simple.

defend all tyrannical fanatics the same? i'd rather criticize them all the same, thanks. but your assumption is that bush is a tyrannical idiot (he's obviously not) -- since you hate the united states you automatically assume as much.

i, instead, approach it from the rational end -- i give the president of the united states of america (whomever that may be, regardless of party affiliation) AT LEAST THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. bill clinton, for instance, did a HELL OF A LOT of stuff i didn't agree with, quite a lot i thought was despicable, but i can't attack his patriotism, motivations, or intelligence. i am NOT in a position to think i know even a fraction of a percentage of what the guy in office (whomever it is) knows at any given time -- what is fed to us via the media is *NOT* the whole picture, but the haters and partisans like you would have us all think that what miniscule nugget of information that is spoon-fed to us via the media gives us enough of a glimpse of the big picture that we can criticize and, in your sad case, personally attack the integrity of the man who is burdened with the weight of the free world.

see -- the thing that is almost universally true amongst the (forgive me for stealing the phrase) "astonishingly uneducated" far left wingers is that they only have criticism and spew forth hatred without putting forth any sane, plausible solution for anything that they would criticize. it's super easy to throw insults around for the sitting president if you don't agree with his politics, but what, really, could be done differently. this is the real world with real-world problems and skating through life with rose-colored glasses and an idealist's viewpoint just doesn't cut it -- when you grow up i'm sure you'll understand this point eventually.

there is not a whole lot about what is going on in the world right now that i would say "jeez! that's just great -- everything is going according to plan!"... but that with which i would disagree has few, if any, positive alternatives so you just have to assume (i know, for people like you who hate the united states of america this seems impossible) that our president (again, whomever that may be) must have our best interests in mind and is doing the best job that they possibly can do with all of the information (a vast majority of which we will never ever see or know of) they have available to them.


nice quote on hate spewing, lol

Blutarsky wrote:
sir, you're an idiot. i'm sorry, but that's it. clear cut, plain and simple.


your defensiveness implies you thinking i attacked you. oh well, guess it just proves my point thanks.

i cant even respond due to the total contradictory nature of this post. but youre right, W isnt a religous fanatic. Rolling Eyes

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0420-01.htm


jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,


jesterx99 wrote:
ALL YOUR MOM'S ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Posts: 2357
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2007 05:31:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, and thx for speaking on my behalf when you say i hate america. i live here by choice. i have family on 3 continents ready to take me in anytime, so it makes sense to hate it. Confused

dont speak for me please. especially you. i hate people that abuse this system. put 2 and 2 together, youre good at math arent you?


jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,


jesterx99 wrote:
ALL YOUR MOM'S ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 26 Jan 2002
Posts: 5834
Location: Texas

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2007 06:24:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{=TLA=}Orbit wrote:
Quote:
...AT LEAST THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT...

... personally attack the integrity of the man...
By that logic, we should never question anything the government does, because we can never know enough to do so.

no, that's not it at all. i'm saying at the very least you should give whoever is in office the benefit of the doubt, most times things aren't what they appear and knowing that we simply do not have all the facts, you cannot operate based on the assumption that you ever will -- hence allowing them the benefit of the doubt. not a "free pass" on everything, but certainly operate understanding that there's more to it than you will ever know.

therefore, you can dislike policy and disagree with decisions all you want, and by all means move for change via the electoral process, but please do not think that it's okay to personally deride the person with personal insults and contempt. the office, not the man, is sullied and that's a shame.

{=TLA=}Orbit wrote:
Quote:
..."astonishingly uneducated" far left wingers ...
I find the idea that liberals are uneducated to be pretty ridiculous, as most conservatives think college is a liberal conspiracy. In a study I read, 91% of students who identified themselves as conservatives thought colleges had a liberal bias. And Liberals tend to be more educated.

i didn't say liberals, i said "far left wingers" -- there's a distinct difference. one is mainstream, the other is radical. and i believe it is true that most people who are highly polarized on either side of the spectrum (far left, or far right) are less informed (read: less educated -- the correct phrase i should have used above is "astonishingly uninformed", to be sure) and simply repeat nonsense they hear without any critical thinking involved. it is also the same groups which criticize (not constructive criticism, but hate-filled vile personal attacks) without end and without plausible solutions of their own.

"...And Liberals tend to be more educated..." -- not sure where you get this, but i would point out that there is a difference between being educated and being informed. if you're saying that liberals have more education and are hence smarter, i don't think that's true. if you're saying that liberals are more informed, i also believe that to be an inaccurate sweeping statement.

there are many (from the left and the right) who are highly educated through college, etc, but are woefully uninformed. likewise there are those that are not highly educated but are filled to the brim with common sense and awareness of current events and world affairs.

{=TLA=}Orbit wrote:
By the way, anyone who criticizes the government doesn't "Hate America."
You sound like that idiot Rush Limbaugh, the way you keep saying that. I can't wait until Hillary takes office and I can tell you that you hate America every few days.
P.S. I won't actually do that because I don't use mindless Neo-Con rhetoric.

i make the claim about perversian based not on any single statement of criticism, but on his historical input through the years about his political views. nearly every chance he gets to put down the united states and assume they are all evil-doers and have some sort of hidden agendas and conspiracies, he does -- is there anything that the united states doesn't do wrong? at some point you have to come to a conclusion that his default view is that of, at the very least, "dislike".

and ya know what else? if by some chance hillary clinton does take office i won't like it one bit -- but you won't hear hate-filled venom and personal attacks coming from me. i'll disagree with that which i think she does wrong, but i will not attack the person in the manner that has become all too common and accepted from those on the left these days.


My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
{=TLA=}Orbit
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 15 Apr 2002
Posts: 1536

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2007 07:27:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"...And Liberals tend to be more educated..." -- not sure where you get this, but i would point out that there is a difference between being educated and being informed. if you're saying that liberals have more education and are hence smarter, i don't think that's true. if you're saying that liberals are more informed, i also believe that to be an inaccurate sweeping statement.


I believe that came from the same study that said 91% of conservative students think college has a liberal bias, and I meant that more liberals tend to have degrees. But I guess none of this really matters now sense you didn't mean what I thought you meant.

Quote:
and ya know what else? if by some chance hillary clinton does take office i won't like it one bit -- but you won't hear hate-filled venom and personal attacks coming from me. i'll disagree with that which i think she does wrong, but i will not attack the person in the manner that has become all too common and accepted from those on the left these days.


"Some chance" is more than 50%, seeing as how shes pretty much guaranteed to get the nomination and the democrats are the favorites to win the 2008 election. Every time you disagree with her I'll make it a point to tell you that theres no way you can know as much as she does about the issue and that you should give her the "benefit of the doubt."


jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 1171
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2007 11:52:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERverSIAN wrote:
put 2 and 2 together, youre good at math arent you?


12?
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 07 Apr 2002
Posts: 8625
Location: Atlanta

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007 12:27:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutarsky wrote:


"...And Liberals tend to be more educated..." -- not sure where you get this, but i would point out that there is a difference between being educated and being informed. if you're saying that liberals have more education and are hence smarter, i don't think that's true. if you're saying that liberals are more informed, i also believe that to be an inaccurate sweeping statement.


Politics 101, Bluto. The more education you have, the more likely you are to be of a liberal mindset. Fact.




dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 26 Jan 2002
Posts: 5834
Location: Texas

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007 12:48:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloakedKilla wrote:
Politics 101, Bluto. The more education you have, the more likely you are to be of a liberal mindset. Fact.

well, i'm not liberal Rolling Eyes i hope you're not trying to draw any conclusions from that Wink

the implication, of course, from your "fact" is that if you're not liberal then you're not as educated -- sounds like a convenient way to just dismiss someone because you're superior.

now, forgive me for not taking your word as gold, but merely stating something is widely accepted fact without including the study which proves it doesn't really accomplish anything. to be honest, whoever came up with that "fact" sounds like some liberal guy who thinks he's better and needs the "fact" to back it up.


My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
{=TLA=}Orbit
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 15 Apr 2002
Posts: 1536

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007 12:53:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutarsky wrote:
CloakedKilla wrote:
Politics 101, Bluto. The more education you have, the more likely you are to be of a liberal mindset. Fact.


the implication, of course, from your "fact" is that if you're not liberal then you're not as educated -- sounds like a convenient way to just dismiss someone because you're superior.



I really don't think anyone was trying to make a sweeping generalization. There are plenty of educated conservatives, there are just more educated liberals.


CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 07 Apr 2002
Posts: 8625
Location: Atlanta

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007 12:54:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutarsky wrote:

well, i'm not liberal Rolling Eyes i hope you're not trying to draw any conclusions from that Wink

the implication, of course, from your "fact" is that if you're not liberal then you're not as educated -- sounds like a convenient way to just dismiss someone because you're superior.

now, forgive me for not taking your word as gold, but merely stating something is widely accepted fact without including the study which proves it doesn't really accomplish anything. to be honest, whoever came up with that "fact" sounds like some liberal guy who thinks he's better and needs the "fact" to back it up.


Have you ever taken a political science course? If not, that explains why you don't know this common knowledge.




dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 07 Apr 2002
Posts: 8625
Location: Atlanta

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007 01:03:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, here's the textbook we used last year. It spelled it out pretty clearly:

http://college.hmco.com/polisci/gitelson/am_gov/8e/student_home.html




dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 1171
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007 09:02:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so back to the topic of ahmadineJIHAD, yes?
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 07 Apr 2002
Posts: 8625
Location: Atlanta

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007 03:54:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesterx99 wrote:
so back to the topic of ahmadineJIHAD, yes?


He's a puppet who has no real power. Anybody who thinks Ahmadinejad is an actual player in Iranian or international politics is a fool. The Ayatollah Khomeini and his various councils hold all the power. Ahmadinejad is a figurehead and nothing more. Khomeini pulls his strings.

Perv knows this more than anyone, I'm sure.




dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 1171
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007 09:58:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloakedKilla wrote:
jesterx99 wrote:
so back to the topic of ahmadineJIHAD, yes?


He's a puppet who has no real power. Anybody who thinks Ahmadinejad is an actual player in Iranian or international politics is a fool. The Ayatollah Khomeini and his various councils hold all the power. Ahmadinejad is a figurehead and nothing more. Khomeini pulls his strings.

Perv knows this more than anyone, I'm sure.


yeah perv has more of an insight into Iran that the rest of us, probably because he stayed in a Holiday Inn Express

how long have you been in the states Perv?
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Posts: 2357
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007 10:54:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesterx99 wrote:
CloakedKilla wrote:
jesterx99 wrote:
so back to the topic of ahmadineJIHAD, yes?


He's a puppet who has no real power. Anybody who thinks Ahmadinejad is an actual player in Iranian or international politics is a fool. The Ayatollah Khomeini and his various councils hold all the power. Ahmadinejad is a figurehead and nothing more. Khomeini pulls his strings.

Perv knows this more than anyone, I'm sure.


yeah perv has more of an insight into Iran that the rest of us, probably because he stayed in a Holiday Inn Express

how long have you been in the states Perv?


all my life dude. but i have been there 3 times in the past 5 years considering 90% of the family lives there. and i do talk to a famliy member every week. being born here doesnt mean i dont take the time to listen to my father, mother and family about how it truly is over there. i havent met one person that will just believe me when i say this media, liberal or conservative has it so wrong on iran. and its a fkn shame cuz of the potential these two countries have to make peace.

do you think the french know anything about the US if they never talk to an american or come here to visit? ill guess not.


jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,


jesterx99 wrote:
ALL YOUR MOM'S ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
jesterx99
Unstoppable
Unstoppable


Joined: 08 Nov 2004
Posts: 1171
Location: Houston, TX

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007 11:01:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERverSIAN wrote:
do you think the french know anything about the US if they never talk to an american or come here to visit? ill guess not.


no, but i'm sure they watch tv and other news networks where they get there views on america
Display posts from previous:   
Forum index » General Public » Politics

Page 2 of 4 [56 Posts]
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Next
All times are GMT
Reply to topic
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group