still worth it?
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Goto page:  1, 2 Next
Forum index » General Public » Politics
Reply to topic
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2007 06:29:26 pm    Post subject: still worth it? Reply with quote

john mccain is a f*cking idiot.

this isnt my families stories, but if it was yours maybe you would have a different perception.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070406/ap_on_re_mi_ea/baghdad_in_agony_2

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
ALL YOUR MOM'S ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2007 10:58:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not withstanding Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record)'s stroll through a city market last week — "Things are better," he insisted — Iraqis wonder: Can a place where men blow themselves up in street markets, cars implode at traffic lights and kidnappings occur in broad daylight ever recover?

'Better' is a relative term, and these are not mutually exclusive statements.

Johne (Phy) Cook | Overlord, Ray Gun Revival
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2007 12:18:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
Quote:
Not withstanding Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record)'s stroll through a city market last week — "Things are better," he insisted — Iraqis wonder: Can a place where men blow themselves up in street markets, cars implode at traffic lights and kidnappings occur in broad daylight ever recover?

'Better' is a relative term, and these are not mutually exclusive statements.

lol. ahhhhh, yes. lets just numb people. ignorance is bliss huh?

did you even read the stories?

fuktard (aka john mccain) professes everyday how iraq is 'improving' or its 'better'. if it were better, theyd have a pull out plan. if it was better, they could make preparations to hand it over. instead they are staging 13,000 more to leave this week. its silly a shit head on the news can just say "its better" and people just say "ok, cool!!! lets watch american idol now."

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2007 02:13:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERverSIAN wrote:

You know, I don't read Tri anymore because he's disappeared into a viewpoint that I just don't see, that I just don't believe. Instead of persuading me to his position, he's earned himself an instant plonk in my book. He doesn't say anything I'm interested in.

You're so angry lately. I used to respect your ability to stay above the fray. I was learning things about Iran through your eyes. Pity. You have a unique perspective, and now it's just so much rhetoric.

Don't do it. Get a grip. Dialogue with us instead of raving. If you want to be effective, vitriol and sarcasm is your worst enemy, not your best friend.

Think about it - you can vent, or you can enlighten. It's your choice.

PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2007 11:30:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
PERverSIAN wrote:

You know, I don't read Tri anymore because he's disappeared into a viewpoint that I just don't see, that I just don't believe. Instead of persuading me to his position, he's earned himself an instant plonk in my book. He doesn't say anything I'm interested in.

You're so angry lately. I used to respect your ability to stay above the fray. I was learning things about Iran through your eyes. Pity. You have a unique perspective, and now it's just so much rhetoric.

Don't do it. Get a grip. Dialogue with us instead of raving. If you want to be effective, vitriol and sarcasm is your worst enemy, not your best friend.

i will admit it. it is very hard to remain calm sometimes.

i will try harder.

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2007 01:01:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERverSIAN wrote:
i will admit it. it is very hard to remain calm sometimes.

i will try harder.

Fair enough. I consider it a benefit if we don't always see eye-to-eye. It means I get to see another perspective. There are precious few people right now who are able to clearly, intelligently help the western world navigate the different world that is the middle east. You have a unique perspective, a valuable vantage.

Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2007 01:01:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P-

wasn't there already sectarian violence when Saddam was in power?

Wasn't he jailing and torturing people for opposing views, killing his opponents and critics? Gassing Kurds and Iranians?

To me, the only real difference here is that it's in the news now because there are reporters permitted to print it. And there are westerners in the cross-fire. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

And if I could throw in one more rude thought... I much prefer sunni/shia civil war instigated and fueled by islamic radical outsiders happening in Iraq, when compared to islamic radicals flying jet airliners into skyscrapers in my country.

face it, john mccain doesn't have the fucktard market cornered, there are quite a few in those islamic fundamentalist radical terrorist groups. which, imo, is proven without a shadow of a doubt by them killing each other with abandon over a few lines of ages old text.
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2007 06:01:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven-MOK wrote:
P-

wasn't there already sectarian violence when Saddam was in power?

Wasn't he jailing and torturing people for opposing views, killing his opponents and critics? Gassing Kurds and Iranians?

To me, the only real difference here is that it's in the news now because there are reporters permitted to print it. And there are westerners in the cross-fire. Am I wrong? I don't think so.

And if I could throw in one more rude thought... I much prefer sunni/shia civil war instigated and fueled by islamic radical outsiders happening in Iraq, when compared to islamic radicals flying jet airliners into skyscrapers in my country.

face it, john mccain doesn't have the fucktard market cornered, there are quite a few in those islamic fundamentalist radical terrorist groups. which, imo, is proven without a shadow of a doubt by them killing each other with abandon over a few lines of ages old text.

yes, there was secterian violence before and yes it is more in the news now becuase of our presence. but it is not by any means at all, better. mccain is delusional and hullcinating if he thinks its better.

read some blogs from iraq. read stuff from the actual people and not the conservative media praising efforts or the liberal media making it worse. its turning into a nation of widows. the violence is worse, not better.

w keeps saying leaving will 'embolden' the enemy. going in the first place has done that. the extremists are monopolizing on this. and i couldnt agree more on the fuktard community around the world. but two fuktards dont make a right.

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
WK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2007 06:07:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERverSIAN wrote:

fuktard (aka john mccain) professes everyday how iraq is 'improving' or its 'better'. if it were better, theyd have a pull out plan. if it was better, they could make preparations to hand it over. instead they are staging 13,000 more to leave this week. its silly a shit head on the news can just say "its better" and people just say "ok, cool!!! lets watch american idol now."

your guna be screaming when they do pull out finally, that the US troops left iraq high and dry, in a state that wasnt prepared to police its own nation and in economic ruin. and even though a democrat will be in office by then it will be the then republican congress' fault.

ive got my popcorn and im waiting for it because its guna be like death and taxes. Wink

You know Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump. Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and he won a ping-pong competition? That ain’t retarded.

You went full retard, man. Never go full retard.
{=TLA=}Orbit
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2007 06:36:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven-MOK wrote:

really?
I'd rather 3,000 americans die than 30,000 Iraqis.
I'd rather 99 Americans die than 100 Iraqis.

Lives are lives no matter where they're lived... or not lived.
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2007 01:10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WK wrote:
PERverSIAN wrote:

your guna be screaming when they do pull out finally, that the US troops left iraq high and dry, in a state that wasnt prepared to police its own nation and in economic ruin. and even though a democrat will be in office by then it will be the then republican congress' fault.

ive got my popcorn and im waiting for it because its guna be like death and taxes. Wink

at this point you're right man. i can promise this much, at this junture, its only a matter of the lesser of two evils.

1. stay and lose live that include iraqis and americans in a whirlwhind of civil war and power struggle or
2. leave and just iraqis die in a whirlwind of civil war and power struggle

the US can leave and on CYA terms. they put so much effort to put resolutions on the table for iran, but none for iraq. funny part is the US is responsible for iraq by trying to implement regime change.

us to iraq: here is resolution "git er done". you have this long to establish a govt and army, then we be out like grandmas teeth (paraphrased of course)

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2007 06:23:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{=TLA=}Orbit wrote:
Raven-MOK wrote:

really?
I'd rather 3,000 americans die than 30,000 Iraqis.
I'd rather 99 Americans die than 100 Iraqis.

Lives are lives no matter where they're lived... or not lived.

if only the terrorists felt the same way as you, we'd be getting somewhere.
Tri Me
Dominating
Dominating

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007 02:55:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
PERverSIAN wrote:

Kinda funny you say that when you were one of the main contributing factors in my slide to the left. You forget that when I first started posting in politics I was only 15 and most of my views we written off instantly and I was called an immature ignorant child by many of the high and mighty here that are too good to even look at a different point of view. You've stoped reading my post while I read all of yours intently just to see if you have somthing relavent to say in the defense of the administration or just some interesting fact(still waiting). The degree of corruption has gotten downright dispicable. 5 million E-mails go missing and the only explanation they give us is "they must have been accidentally deleted" even if that were the truth it would be very simple to recover the deleted data. I've recovered files I deleted from years ago off my own hard drive in less than 5 minutes, you expect me to believe they can't find those e-mails.... bullshit. If you don't agree with my opinion, thats fine you still have the right to do that, but the bottom line is hundreds of thousands of people have died as a result of the lies this administration told to get us into a war for their own self gain and this same administration is being caught in lie after lie on a weekly basis, so no, I don't trust a God damn thing they say and no I don't believe they make decisions with my best interest at heart. If you cannot understand why anybody would take that position with all that has happened and is happening in the world, then it matters not to me wheather or not you read my post.

God is good. But never dance in a small boat...
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007 03:28:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri Me wrote:
You've stoped reading my post while I read all of yours intently just to see if you have somthing relavent to say in the defense of the administration or just some interesting fact(still waiting).

I have no trouble with opposing points of view. I have a real hardship trying to wade through pointless invective to find an argument instead of a tirade.

If you want to see someone whose political prowess has grown, look at Cloaked's posts. I don't come from the same place he does, but I always understand what he's saying, and he always backs it up with links and data. It is constructive rather than destructive debate.

For myself, I'm pretty well done defending the Administration. I'm not a mindless, thoughtless party-liner. I've been lied to as much as you have, and I don't like it any better than you do. That doesn't mean I'm 'sliding to the left', merely that I remain where I've always been as the administration has gone off into this other direction that is neither left nor right. It's like they invented a Z-axis of arrogance and deception, and I'm frankly mystified and angry about the whole thing.

This sums up where I am at present:
http://tinyurl.com/2edwfw

PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007 05:38:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
It's like they invented a Z-axis of arrogance and deception, and I'm frankly mystified and angry about the whole thing.

it could not be described any better only in that a z-axis gives it depth. and we know thats not true Razz

but i get what you mean 100%

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
Forum index » General Public » Politics

Page 1 of 2 [24 Posts]
Goto page:  1, 2 Next