Best Digital Camcorder?
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Goto page:  1, 2 Next
Forum index » General Public » Polls
Reply to topic
sj
Dominating
Dominating

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 02:25:08 am    Post subject: Best Digital Camcorder? Reply with quote

Ehrm...I was wondering if any of you have a digital camcorder that you have bought or know of for around 500 dollars or so that are worth the buy...I was looking at this sony handycam http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1099382960858&type=product

and it looked pretty good in comparison to the others...

also if you know of any good retailers or discount sites that would be great too...

Sephiroth
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 02:42:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Digital Camcorder? Reply with quote

sj wrote:
Ehrm...I was wondering if any of you have a digital camcorder that you have bought or know of for around 500 dollars or so that are worth the buy...I was looking at this sony handycam http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1099382960858&type=product

and it looked pretty good in comparison to the others...

also if you know of any good retailers or discount sites that would be great too...

Here's the one I got: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7043898&type=product&id=1099396842910

But I got it from circuit city. They had a much better deal. You can buy it with out paying any interest for 2 years, and it comes free with a tripod and carrying kit.

I'm not sure if the deal is still available, and to what local area it applies to but it's worth looking into. I bought that camcorder 2 weeks ago.

CloakedKilla wrote:
GMU national champs!!

Phy wrote:
Sephiroth was the most formidable griefer that I've ever seen. There can be only one, and he was it.

jesterx99 wrote:
35-7
Sephiroth
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 02:46:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this might have been the deal here: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Canon-Camcorder-Elura-80-/sem/rpsm/oid/116767/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

The price I paid for was cheaper than Best Buy. If you go in person, and request the carrying case and tripod they will give it to you. They were offering that promotion with other cameras and I told them I wouldn't buy that one if they didn't offer me the same deal. So they did. It's worth a try.

CloakedKilla wrote:
GMU national champs!!

Phy wrote:
Sephiroth was the most formidable griefer that I've ever seen. There can be only one, and he was it.

jesterx99 wrote:
35-7
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 03:32:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought mine a couple years ago, it's a sony DCS TRV8. i really like it, and i'm a big fan of sony in general.

i bought it from B&H PHOTO/VIDEO in new york. these guys are all pros and they deal exclusivly in this kind of equipment. when i bought mine back in 98 or 99, it was around 800.

here is a good list of SONY DV CAMCORDERS on BH's website. THIS ONE is probably the equivelent of what mine is, at least i think. looks similar.

anyhow...good luck with your search.

Cool

ZERO

sj
Dominating
Dominating

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 04:02:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the advice and I'll def. look at those

HackerGDI
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 04:39:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used one of the first digital cameras when they were out and it was a sony and i've always like Sony's stuff (excpet their desktop PC's), but i got a HP digital camera and I wish I paid a tad more money for the sony). However Cannon makes some good ass camera's so id think there dvr's would be just as good.

PERverSIAN wrote:
sometimes i think punching myself in the junk would feel better than replying back.
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 05:43:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HackerGDI wrote:
I used one of the first digital cameras when they were out and it was a sony and i've always like Sony's stuff (excpet their desktop PC's), but i got a HP digital camera and I wish I paid a tad more money for the sony). However Cannon makes some good ass camera's so id think there dvr's would be just as good.

yeah cannon has a really bad ass consumer/professional camera i would love to get my hands on. but it's a tad on the expensive side.

Cool

ZERO

Sephiroth
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 05:54:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO wrote:
HackerGDI wrote:

yeah cannon has a really bad ass consumer/professional camera i would love to get my hands on. but it's a tad on the expensive side.

Cool

Yeah I usually purchase Sony stuff too, however, Canon has had a reputation for being badass in photo/camcorders industry. I think you can't go wrong either way.

CloakedKilla wrote:
GMU national champs!!

Phy wrote:

jesterx99 wrote:
35-7
Techslacker
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 06:14:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a Canon Elura 70 last xmas and am pretty happy with it. The quality is amazing. About the only thing that Sony has over Canon from everything I've seen is better nightvision. The thing is though that while everyone uses that to have bragging rights, I have to wonder if anyone really uses it all that much for typical recordings(see below). The choppy framerates for nightvision modes aren't exactly the most pleasant.

BTW, one plus with at least some of the Sony's is using the nightvision stuff with the right filter easily purchased off of ebay and you can actually see through some clothes. I read about this last fall. Kinda cool but didn't work as a good argument to get a sony when i talked to my wife about it. Sad I never did check to see if there was a way to do this with a canon. Might need to spend some google time on that one.
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 10:01:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used nightvision once for a goofy video I did for my Literature class this year in which we went on a Minotaur hunt through my backyard for my Greek mythology project. Razz

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
HackerGDI
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005 10:31:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night vision just sucks right now on the retail market(military is good). If someone is pushing night vison for a selling point they are a shitty sales person. I mean ok its nice to have night vision for that rare time you need it LOL

PERverSIAN wrote:
sometimes i think punching myself in the junk would feel better than replying back.
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2005 02:55:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be surprised how many people buy into the whole night vision thing. There are more n00bs in the world than you think. Razz

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2005 01:42:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloakedKilla wrote:
You'd be surprised how many people buy into the whole night vision thing. There are more n00bs in the world than you think. Razz

i have night vision on my sony, but i can't think of an occasion where i've ever had a reason to use it.

ZERO

Sephiroth
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2005 02:31:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloakedKilla wrote:
I used nightvision once for a goofy video I did for my Literature class this year in which we went on a Minotaur hunt through my backyard for my Greek mythology project. Razz

ROFL. Kindly leave me out of your GAY Greek fantasies. I would love to have had an audition for the part of Odysseus. Whoops...

CloakedKilla wrote:
GMU national champs!!

Phy wrote:

jesterx99 wrote:
35-7
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2005 03:54:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've still got the video if you want to see. Kiss

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says: