Moderators:  UTG Mods
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next
Forum index » General Public » Politics
Reply to topic
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 09:41:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay teachers can influence kids just as much as straight teachers can influence gay kids. So what?

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
Techslacker
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 09:47:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloakedKilla wrote:
Techslacker wrote:
I have had my own experiences with gay couples(no, not intimate Rolling Eyes) and while many have been friends, I also consider them to have a negative social impact.

Care if I ask why?

In every case before I even was aware that they were involved in such a relationship they were either very emotionally or socially unstable. This goes back 20 yrs easily. One could argue that "everyone" fits that description but in the snapshot of time that I've been around them as compared to "everyone", there is no comparison.
Techslacker
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 09:50:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloakedKilla wrote:
Gay teachers can influence kids just as much as straight teachers can influence gay kids. So what?

Playing devil's advocate are we? It's all a matter of perspective and beliefs.
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 10:15:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techslacker wrote:

In every case before I even was aware that they were involved in such a relationship they were either very emotionally or socially unstable. This goes back 20 yrs easily. One could argue that "everyone" fits that description but in the snapshot of time that I've been around them as compared to "everyone", there is no comparison.

Maybe because they were trying to hide who they really were? You try living a life that's not who you are and see how well you turn out. Wink

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 10:15:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techslacker wrote:

Or of ignorance and intolerance. Works either way, I suppose.

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 10:17:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techslacker wrote:
Live life a little and you might begin to understand that for every action there is a reaction. Teachers are with kids for much of the day which can heavily influence them. I don't feel for foreign affairs a President in a gay relationship is a good idea. Pretty simple really....did you expect more? As for the game comment, major developers try to write games that appeal to their audience. Seen one lately?

Personally I got the feeling that the alien sidekick in Unreal II: the Awakening was a little light in the loafers. Kinda like the purple teletubby.

I agree on the President (and other oreign policy makers), and had ocassion to talk to foreign officials while I lived in the DC area, and every so often there would be an overheard comment about how Al Gore was looked at as being a closet-homosexual, and when would the American people figure it out and get rid of him.
That is not me talking, but a paraphrase of at least 10 people I talked to from every continent. People who were well placed within their on governments. So, yes, this does matter tremendously. The Russians tested JFK because they thought he was too young to be strong, and they'd test Bush just as hard if they thought he was gay.

As far as educators are concerned, it's all fine and good if they are the only people to talk to your children about the alphabet and multiplication tables, but if a parent is not active enough in their children's lives and they would allow their children to be *molded* socially, well, can I ask what the parents are actually DOING? Do they think that providing a roof and clothing is all that is necessary? In that case I would hope that the children go ahead and be peacefully gay, the alternatives probably include jail time.

And as far as gay benefits, some companies were already providing this and are now considering removing those benefits until the dust settles. If the insurance companies were providing benefits to live-in couples in California and not going broke, I think they had their business model pretty well researched already.
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 10:24:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe is a lot more open with homosexuality than anywhere else in the world, from what I saw myself when I was there and from what people have told me that live there (such as Incubus/Chemical, or whatever he's using now Razz ).

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 10:36:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloakedKilla wrote:
Europe is a lot more open with homosexuality than anywhere else in the world, from what I saw myself when I was there and from what people have told me that live there (such as Incubus/Chemical, or whatever he's using now Razz ).

the average european citizen means pretty much nothing where foreign policy is concerned, but i am happy for them that they are comfortable in their own skin.
operationHIT
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 10:48:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techslacker wrote:
CloakedKilla wrote:

Not really devil's advocate as he's ACTUALLY gay and has a right to argue from that perspective...

Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 10:55:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techslacker wrote:
In every case before I even was aware that they were involved in such a relationship they were either very emotionally or socially unstable.

Yes, I would argue that that description fits most straight females between the ages of, oh say 10 and 80. Razz

but to be fair i think a straigt man probably made them that way.
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2004 11:58:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

operationHIT wrote:

Not really devil's advocate as he's ACTUALLY gay and has a right to argue from that perspective...

I think we found a topic we can agree on! Razz

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
{=TLA=}IronMug
Rampage
Rampage

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2004 01:44:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world certainly isn't a very nice place, our "own skin" is at the scrutiny of the social court, it'll be cool some day when we can experience real freedom, for now I guess the dilussion will have to do.

For me, homosexual, transgender, transexual, heterosexual, we're all the same, only religion defines us differently which is why I cannot subscribe to such barbarous reason. If marriage is a religious term, i don't want it, civil union works for me. One might claim that government also sees these varying groups of people differently but actually the government got it's information from religion, ironic according to the constitution.

Corporations who remove and deny benefits to non heterosexual couples will eventually pay, and I hope big time.

CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2004 01:57:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are something like 2,650 benefits couples recognized by the government as "married" get that gay couples can't get with a civil union.

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2004 02:03:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{=TLA=}IronMug wrote:
Corporations who remove and deny benefits to non heterosexual couples will eventually pay, and I hope big time.

as long as those are the same benefits denied unmarried heterosexual couples, what are you so angry about?
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2004 02:04:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heterosexual couples have the choice to get married, and there's the difference. Drive through to the next window.

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
Forum index » General Public » Politics

Page 3 of 15 [212 Posts]
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next