UTGamers.com Forum Index

METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED??
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Forum index » General Public » Help & Support » Gaming » Server Hosting Companies
Reply to topic
Mirage
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2002 06:40:12 pm    Post subject: METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

Anyone else here have changes in their ping lately (for the worse) from Metroclan servers? It seems as if mine went from 3o+/- to over 100 when they recently changed their DNS. My buddy Kode Killer had same problem but both he and I are on Comcast and we want to make sure its them before I start inquiring with Metro.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Mirage

PS - the GDI servers are on Metroclan, }i{ has one on Metro, and most ROA servers are Metro I believe.
Exar Kun
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2002 06:47:50 pm    Post subject: Re:METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

I haven't had any change on Metro servers. Not On the Ones I play nor my Server.......Did you run a trace to see exactly where your Routing is having the Problems???

Very important piece of information:
If a girl has a tounge ring and the ring is closer to the tip, she likes girls, but if its further back, she digs the guys.
Tokenizer
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2002 07:39:19 pm    Post subject: Re:METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

I have to the problem. Its Sprintlink in Chicago. If you get Neotrace you can have a mapped out trace and the ISP's business info provided to you. Its nice. Also the .135 box (BIO 2) dropped a power supply and is down atm. Gonna be fixed soon.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2002 07:21:03 pm    Post subject: Re:METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

We're aware that some people are having issues with the 130 and 131 box. Our Tech Support guys are looking into it right now.

The recent DNS change affected the Metroclan website server box in Charlotte, North Carolina (Roadrunner). This box will be moving up to the DC co-lo sometime this summer. The server boxes themselves are in DC and are unaffected by the site server box other than kicking off webamin instances and the like.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any Metroclan issues. We want to handle any issues as quickly as possible and your feedback is vital to making sure you have the best possible gaming experience. We may not always have an immediate *answer*, but we hope to at least address your issues as quickly as possible and then give our Software Dev and Tech Support staff the best information possible.

Phy
(Takes off his (m) Wordsmith hat but keeps it close for emergencies. Wink)

Johne (Phy) Cook | Overlord, Ray Gun Revival
Mirage
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2002 02:42:38 am    Post subject: Re:METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

I believe that is what the GDI boxes are on. Hence the reason for the massive increase in ping and lag. Let us know when its fixed. Smile

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2002 12:35:11 am    Post subject: Re:METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

mine is fine i have had kno problems lately my cable modem has been rockin like 60 on every server
Mirage
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2002 12:07:24 pm    Post subject: Re:METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

FYI Phydeaux, I ran a tracer to one of the boxes I am having a problem with. Ping was fine at first and it seems to hit 2 major snags (neither of which I would think you can do anything about):

sprintlink - jumped from 12ms on prior hop to 74ms
atlas.cogento.com - jumped from 77ms to 128ms on prior

I ran the same trace yesterday and showed to Mav and got the same two problems but the jumps were to 120 and 250!!! Guess it depends on normal traffic, but its just incase for me since I was at 30 or less ping and now up to 250 at some times?

Argh
Roman

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2002 08:55:05 pm    Post subject: Re:METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

I have been having a lot of problems for some reason too. When I log on to D-2, my ping sometimes spikes as high as 5000ms. Eventually it settles back down to around 100ms but it is annoying. Its only with Metroclan servers, so I am hitting a messed up backbone somewhere like you are. Confused
Mirage
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2002 01:32:15 pm    Post subject: Re:METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

Argh. This sucks cause its on our own server too so I am sitting out of scrims with Mercenary (G). G and I get like 20 in scrims and i find i do better when I dont shoot and just try and avoid everyones shots. Smile
Mirage
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2002 12:35:08 pm    Post subject: Re:METROCLAN SERVERS - PING CHANGED?? Reply with quote

Phy and Metro team - just an fyi it looks as if all this has been resolved as I now ping back in teh 30's on all servers. Now that my ping is back I just wanted to say that you should make sure you...

DON'T BLINK

;D
Forum index » General Public » Help & Support » Gaming » Server Hosting Companies

Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]