UTGamers.com Forum Index

2016 is 'year of the zettabyte' (aka ~1.1 trillion GB)
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Forum index » General Public » News/Stories/Articles
Reply to topic
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2014 12:23:04 pm    Post subject: 2016 is 'year of the zettabyte' (aka ~1.1 trillion GB) Reply with quote

2 billion years worth of music...no problem. Shocked

Quote:
1ZB is equal to around 1.1 trillion gigabytes, with XO Communications saying that 2016 could be 'the year of the zettabyte'

Seagate's Twitter account just blasted something both truly exciting, and incredibly terrifying: the first real tease of the zettabyte. Seagate posted XO Communications' infographic on the Zettabyte, or ZB.

To put things into perspective, 1ZB is around 1.1 trillion GB - yes, 1.1 trillion gigabytes. The infographic, above, says that according to Cisco's Visual Networking Index, the "world will cross the Zettabyte threshold of data transferred annually via the Internet by the end of 2016". To put things into an even scarier perspective, 1PB (Petabyte) is 1024TB (Terabyte), and 1EX (Exabyte) is 1024PB, so 1ZB is an insane 1024EB, which is just scary.

What is driving this Zettabyte amount of data? Internet video, with around 55% of Internet video expected to chew up 99% of all Internet traffic in 2016. The remaining 44% is split between web/data with 23%, and file sharing with 21%.

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/40327/2016-is-year-of-the-zettabyte-with-1zb-equal-to-1-1-trillion-gb/index.html

ORIGINAL ARTICLE on tweaktown.com

ZERO

Sephiroth
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2014 07:08:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhh huhuhuh huhuhuhu huhuhuh sextillion bytes huhuhuhuhuh

CloakedKilla wrote:
GMU national champs!!

Phy wrote:
Sephiroth was the most formidable griefer that I've ever seen. There can be only one, and he was it.

jesterx99 wrote:
35-7
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2014 05:27:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sephiroth wrote:
uhhhh huhuhuh huhuhuhu huhuhuh sextillion bytes huhuhuhuhuh

uhhh huhuhuhuhuh....you said bytes.

ZERO

Undaunted
Dominating
Dominating

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2015 05:21:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I was on the right path tonight while looking for things to put me to sleep. Truly, though, that is absolutely mind boggling.

2k3 > 2k4

The world is small nasty and complicated and everybody dies alone
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2015 01:13:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undaunted wrote:
I knew I was on the right path tonight while looking for things to put me to sleep. Truly, though, that is absolutely mind boggling.

lol. yeah I guess we'll see if that really comes about. one year to go so we'll see if we hit the zettabyte mark.

on a completely unrelated note, it looks like the future is really here - Nike just filed PATENT PAPERS for power laces for a new shot: Back to the Future II' shoes are finally upon us.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2015/01/07/tinker-talks-2015-nike-mag-release-power-laces-agendaemerge/

ZERO

Sephiroth
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2015 05:44:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZERO wrote:
Undaunted wrote:

lol. yeah I guess we'll see if that really comes about. one year to go so we'll see if we hit the zettabyte mark.

on a completely unrelated note, it looks like the future is really here - Nike just filed PATENT PAPERS for power laces for a new shot: Back to the Future II' shoes are finally upon us.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2015/01/07/tinker-talks-2015-nike-mag-release-power-laces-agendaemerge/

I would love to have your job.

CloakedKilla wrote:
GMU national champs!!

Phy wrote:
Sephiroth was the most formidable griefer that I've ever seen. There can be only one, and he was it.

jesterx99 wrote:
35-7
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015 02:51:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.

Nothing is higher than an Architect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI_hOP_K6MY Razz

ZERO

Forum index » General Public » News/Stories/Articles

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]