UTGamers.com Forum Index

And CK's head explodes in three, two, one...
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Forum index » General Public » Politics
Reply to topic
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010 02:40:19 am    Post subject: And CK's head explodes in three, two, one... Reply with quote

No 'Teddy Kennedy must be turning over in his grave' jokes from here. (But I did crack a Star Wars tweet that I thought amusing.)

Johne (Phy) Cook | Overlord, Ray Gun Revival
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010 02:50:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010 12:09:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. Laughing

no CK explosions yet.

ZERO

Maverick
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010 11:41:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may still be hope!

Nemo me impune lacessit
PERverSIAN
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010 02:36:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick wrote:
There may still be hope!

hope for what exactly?????

another stale mate for 4-8 yrs as congress and the house have the oppsoite majority of a party's vote? happens every time for as long as i can recall. republican president gets elected, eventually congress/house goes democratic majority and vice versa. as its heppening now. whooty effing doo. now we can all banter like kids that got their dog kicked and move at a "snail in its own poop" pace.

we need 8 political parties. not 2.5

jesterx99 wrote:
i agree with Perv,

jesterx99 wrote:
ALL YOUR MOM'S ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 02:20:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERverSIAN wrote:
we need 8 political parties. not 2.5

you have that today. even without counting the libertarians, and nader.

the reps and dems are both fractured into 3,4, or more different groups based on individual ideals.

what is needed is people who want to go to congress based on a desire to do something that needs to be done.

what we have is people who want to go to congress becuase, either:

they think they are the only ones who know what is right, OR
they want credit for something, anything, no matter what it is... as long as it works until the next election.

the problem is nobody who is actually worth anything wants to be in public service... selection to congress should be done through a psych eval, a aptitude test, and then a draft process.
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010 04:52:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interesting part of Brown's election is how people are trying to spin it. How it's a "refutation of Obama's health care policies" or whatever. But the fact is a majority of Massachusetts voters were in favor of the health care proposal according to multiple polls. In fact, MA already has universal health care, and Scott Brown voted for it as a state senator.

I think what we'll see happen is the House will pass the already passed Senate bill so it can't be filibustered, and extra add-ons will be passed through reconciliation. The Republicans will be super pissed that the Senate is being bypassed or whatever (nevermind that they wanted to do away with the filibuster entirely just 6 years ago) but the American people will finally be happy something is getting done in Washington. A large portion of Obama's disapproval ratings are pissed off progressives at the slow pace with which anything of substance is getting done, not people pissed off that Obama's policies are going too far.

That's what's so interesting about our political dichotomy today. We've got a bunch of far-right lunatics who act like we've just concluded the Bolshevik revolution, and the far-left who hasn't really seen much decisive action taken at all.

I'll say this, too: If Scott Brown doesn't work independently like he claimed throughout his entire campaign (I challenge you to find a TV ad where he mentions Republicans), he will be voted out of office in a heartbeat.

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010 08:08:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloakedKilla wrote:
I'll say this, too: If Scott Brown doesn't work independently like he claimed throughout his entire campaign (I challenge you to find a TV ad where he mentions Republicans), he will be voted out of office in a heartbeat.

Weak! Weak! All you wrote was sensible, measured, dispassionate opinion! Where is the hoopla? Where is the vitriol! You were baited, man. Take the bait!

(wb) Wink

Johne (Phy) Cook | Overlord, Ray Gun Revival
Maverick
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010 11:49:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloakedKilla wrote:
That's what's so interesting about our political dichotomy today. We've got a bunch of far-right lunatics who act like we've just concluded the Bolshevik revolution, and the far-left who hasn't really seen much decisive action taken at all.

Why are the far right lunatics and the far left simply indecisive? They're just as fanatical and crazy as anyone else.

Bias, much?

Nemo me impune lacessit
Sephiroth
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010 08:16:05 pm    Post subject: Re: And CK's head explodes in three, two, one... Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
No 'Teddy Kennedy must be turning over in his grave' jokes from here. (But I did crack a Star Wars tweet that I thought amusing.)

And which head is this???

CloakedKilla wrote:
GMU national champs!!

Phy wrote:
Sephiroth was the most formidable griefer that I've ever seen. There can be only one, and he was it.

jesterx99 wrote:
35-7
Forum index » General Public » Politics

Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]