UTGamers.com Forum Index

Strange problem on laptop
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Forum index » General Public » Help & Support » General Help and Support » Hardware
Reply to topic
Fragmaster
Killing Spree
Killing Spree

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009 12:05:18 am    Post subject: Strange problem on laptop Reply with quote

Ok, so last night before heading off to bed I shut down my laptop. Upon returning home from work today I booted the laptop as usual and was greeted with a screen asking me how I wanted to boot. I selected default configuration and it proceeded to try to boot from the network. Of course it would not be able to boot from network so I hard restarted and it happened again. I then went into the Bios and found the boot order had changed with network boot as the primary boot device. I changed it back to the HD and tried to reboot again. No luck as it just sat at a black screen. I then went back in to the bios and began to dig around and found that raid had been disabled and network boot had been enabled. Reset that back to normal and then it booted normally.

So my question is how in the world did the values in the bios change all by themselves? Anyone have any idea? I did a virus scan right after start up and it was negative.
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009 03:03:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're officially in new territory from here.

Johne (Phy) Cook | Overlord, Ray Gun Revival
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009 06:27:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your CMOS battery. It powers the little piece of memory that stores our BIOS settings when you power off. If your battery is dead your BIOS settings will revert back to default.

Also a good trick to revert your BIOS to factory settings if you ever need to.

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
Forum index » General Public » Help & Support » General Help and Support » Hardware

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]