UTGamers.com Forum Index

glen "big baby" davis pushes a kid? (video)
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Forum index » General Public » Sports
Reply to topic
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 12:24:58 pm    Post subject: glen "big baby" davis pushes a kid? (video) Reply with quote

i heard about this on mike & mike this morning and after watching the video continue to roll my eyes about the bs circus this is turning in to.

last night at the boston/orlando game glen davis hit a buzzer beater shot to tie the series at 2-2. after the shot he is stumbling back and turns to run up court and makes contact with a "kid" who is standing court-side, knocking his hat off. when i say "kid", he looks to be 13 or older based on his size. i do see glen davis move him aside a little bit, but i'd say the kid is lucky he didn't get run over by that guy.

here is the video: BIG BABY BUZZER BEATER <--- hosted by youtube.com

to me it doesn't seem intentional. he split the ref and the fans that were standing courtside and knocked the kids hat off, and looks to have pushed him aside so he didn't step out in front of him. to me, if i was courtside (not that i could ever afford it) you assume some kind of liablity when you're sitting/standing right next to the where the players are. there's not a fence or a barrier between you, you're within feet of where they are at. if he would have been diving for a loose ball and the kid got hit, you'd be so lucky the boy was only "embarassed". he could have been seriously hurt. if the fans are in danger being that close to the court, is it time to move them off the floor? is that what the fans want? are they making too much of this? time for a disclaimer on the tickets if you're sitting courtside: by attending you release the team(s) and league of all liability?

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/05/magic_fan_angry.html wrote:
Orlando Magic fan Ernest Provetti, whose son, 12-year-old Nicholas, was nearly run over by Glen Davis after his buzzer-beating, game-winning shot last night, is demanding an apology from the Celtics forward.

According to a report at Orlando Sentinel.com, Provetti sent an e-mail to the NBA League office this morning, saying that Davis crossed the line and embarrassed his son. Provetti said his son had to dive into his courtside seat to get out of the way, though that does not appear to be the case in the video.

In the e-mail, Provetti said Davis conducted himself like a "raging animal with no regard for fans' personal safety."

In a telephone interview with the Sentinel, Provetti said, "How do you like to be a 12-year-old and see a raging lunatic coming at you?"

He said noted that Davis should never have been so close to the fans in the front row.

"The NBA makes it clear [that players are not to] cross the sideline. If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It's a double standard."

Provetti, a New Jersey native who moved to Orlando a year ago according to the Sentinel report, said he used to be a Celtics fan because he enjoyed watching Boston coach Doc Rivers when he played for the Knicks.

ZERO

Forum index » General Public » Sports

Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]