UTGamers.com Forum Index

Obama wins Texas after all
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Forum index » General Public » Politics
Reply to topic
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2008 01:54:44 pm    Post subject: Obama wins Texas after all Reply with quote

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/3/7/11339/50182?detail=f

Quote:
Grand Popular Vote Totals (Primary + Caucus)
Clinton 1,469,814 + 440,000 = 1,909,814
Obama 1,358,785 + 560,000 = 1,918,785

'nuff said?

Update 3 12:20PM MST
There is some controversy over whether it's fair to calculate the popular vote as listed above. It is a fair point to be sure. The Texas system is...unusual to say the least. And popular vote is open to interpretation. How do we define it really? The total number of votes cast? That is clearly advantage Obama. Or the total number of people who cast votes? Advantage Clinton.

In the end, I suppose it's up to Texas to define it. But I think Texas gives us a clue in that they are willing to allocate additional delegates based on the caucus results. In the end it is a judgement call and surely will generate continued controversy. Whatever the argument, it is clear that Obama won the delegate count, and thus the state.

Update 4 6:18PM MST
Well Keith Olberman just said the magic words. Obama WON Texas! If there was any doubt before, it's gone now. The MSM has indeed picked up on this.

Johne (Phy) Cook | Overlord, Ray Gun Revival
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2008 12:02:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfft.

first off -- the two-step process sucked. most people went and voted during the day and didn't go back for the caucus. those that DID go back ended up getting stuck in lines and massively long waits because they weren't prepared for the number of people who wanted to participate. many of those ended up leaving after getting fed up with the whole mess.

but more importantly, you can't just pick and choose numbers and come up with what suits you. the guy said it best himself: "There is some controversy over whether it's fair to calculate the popular vote as listed above" -- duh? one was a primary and one was a caucus, they were distinct events.

and finally, "Well Keith Olberman just said the magic words. Obama WON Texas! If there was any doubt before, it's gone now. The MSM has indeed picked up on this." -- olberman probably was just repeating what he read on the same site, and isn't a sign of any corroboration on the matter. using that nutjob olberman as a guide for anything is crazy. and not normal crazy like you or me, i'm talking bat shit crazy like your weird uncle who strips naked and climbs up on the roof to announce the arrival of fresh pancakes with a cock-a-doodle-do every morning. mmm, pancakes.

My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2008 03:24:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand, the caucus results are still yet to be seen.

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
Forum index » General Public » Politics

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]