Moderators:  UTG Mods
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2
Forum index » UT Gaming » UT3 Chat
Reply to topic
Burnout
Killing Spree
Killing Spree

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2007 02:01:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the inconsistency, I noticed it as well Blut. That, coupled with no one else playing, is the reason I stopped playing really.

Nice find on the xhair thing. I used to have a small orange dot, but yellow seems nice too. I'm going to try it out.

Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2007 05:23:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after some tweaking and some practice, probably a lot due to just playing a bit and getting used to it, i'm feeling better about my shot. and the new dot crosshair only makes it feel that much better.

the real shame is the lack of people playing. it's weird, i have a sense that some people are like "i'm not playing because there's nobody on the servers" but there's nobody on the servers because nobody wants to join a server alone. so it could very well be that some people are all looking at the same time but see empty servers and give up. maybe it'll just take a few people who decide to drop in a server, shoot some bots, and wait for others to show up... give it a chance, fellas Wink

i've started frequenting the VP clan server (ip given in the other thread, i think) because the settings feel pretty good (no zoom instagib, 2k4-feel mutator, extra jump-dodge mutator, etc, etc -- just good clean basic ut99-like feel). there's rarely people on, but i've decided that if i load up the game to play and i don't see someone, i'll still connect and play through at least one map against a bot to give people a chance to find me. we'll see how it goes...

My heroes have always been cowboys.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.
Burnout
Killing Spree
Killing Spree

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2007 03:28:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried connecting to the BuA server once when no one was playing, thinking the same thing as you... Fight bots, wait it out a bit maybe. All I got was a screen that wouldn't let me start p laying, like the round just ended, and waiting for more people. Probably has bots turned off on that server. Who knows... Aside from that, I haven't found any other IG pub servers, but I'll try out the one you posted.

TAZTG
Dominating
Dominating

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2007 10:37:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnout wrote:
I tried connecting to the BuA server once when no one was playing, thinking the same thing as you... Fight bots, wait it out a bit maybe. All I got was a screen that wouldn't let me start p laying, like the round just ended, and waiting for more people. Probably has bots turned off on that server. Who knows... Aside from that, I haven't found any other IG pub servers, but I'll try out the one you posted.

Yea, no bots on BuA Server. The problem with Map not coming up is a Server Problem due to the fact that there is no good web admin. Still not alot of good Server Side support for running one.

TAZTG CASE MODS
DoubleV
Dominating
Dominating

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008 06:10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo, I finally have the game.
Fragman
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008 12:16:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleV wrote:
Wooo, I finally have the game.

Razz Razz

rontu88@hotmail.com
MystaFragZ
Killing Spree
Killing Spree

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008 08:51:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, my internets a pile of shit. I really never thought i'd have to go to DSL over Cable, but we've literally had terrible internet every winter for 3 years and have made at least 200 calls to charter about the problem and it NEVER gets resolved, no matter who we talk to.

MystaFragZ:(Mist-uh-Frags)
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008 11:32:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those of you wih continuing "issues" with accuracy, you may want to try to tweak your ini files for a change -- there's a setting in UTGame.ini called "bCenteredWeaponFire" which is initially set to false. with it at default, you shot actually hit slightly right (or left depending on which hand you shoot from) of the crosshair instead of dead-center. this doesn't affect where the beam comes from (it'll still come out of the gun and you won't notice anything odd), but your shots will hit more where you aim instead of off to the side.

further, i'd recommend checking out the following page:

http://www.fragonsight.com/forum/fos-wiki/6345-ut3-tweaks.html

i played for a bit with the "eye candy" on and it didn't really add much to the game for me after the initial newness wore off. instead, i wanted a nice clean, smooth, and fast game to frag in. so i went and did a lot of the tweaks that are suggested on that page.

the result of many of those changes is that i get a steady 60fps in most games, slowing down to the mid-40's as a low at times). my load times were slashed to perhaps a third or a quarter of what they were before. i got rid of those annoying splash ads at start-up. everything looks clean and nice in-game (it's not all flashy, but it's not ugly either). and i can now hit lots of stuff with a lot better accuracy than before. that's the biggest thing.

so if you're down on the game, give it a whirl and it might just light your fire again... nothing better to make you want to play some more, than improving you luck a bit to make it more fun.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave... and keep on thinking free

Fragman
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2008 12:00:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what kind of monitor and res are you running Blut? Actually whats all your HW specs? Looking for frame comparison....

rontu88@hotmail.com
Blutarsky
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2008 12:55:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fragman wrote:
what kind of monitor and res are you running Blut? Actually whats all your HW specs? Looking for frame comparison....

i have 19" NEC lcd's. they're supposed to run at 1280x1024 @ 60hz, so i use that of course.

as for the rest of the box, i have an athlon 64 3200+, 2gig ram, geforce 8600gt (256meg). i have a soundblaster live something 'er other so i also have the hardware option set for sound in the setttings. nothing too special, seems to work -- although some maps (like one called "reflection" (?) frame hard sometimes outside. not sure if it's just a bad map or what.

Fragman
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2008 01:33:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutarsky wrote:
Fragman wrote:

i have 19" NEC lcd's. they're supposed to run at 1280x1024 @ 60hz, so i use that of course.

as for the rest of the box, i have an athlon 64 3200+, 2gig ram, geforce 8600gt (256meg). i have a soundblaster live something 'er other so i also have the hardware option set for sound in the setttings. nothing too special, seems to work -- although some maps (like one called "reflection" (?) frame hard sometimes outside. not sure if it's just a bad map or what.

Mine is an LG 20" 16:10 with 1680x1250
athlon 5000+ dual x64, 2 gig ocz, and of course the geforce 8600gt 256. This res is really tough to play with on a variety of maps, especially more char/thick maps etc.... I am constantly arguing with myself swapping res back and forth from 1024x768 Razz because I never was a fan of lower res but I have to deal with it for now. I think things will be much better with 2 more gig of ram and another geforce 8600. I HOPE! The world would be a better place if we could all run our highest res and still float on 80fps heh....

Getting 30-40 like yourself for frames...

P.S. I was a huge Onslaught fan so I play some Warfare as well along with DM reg weps, so there is definitely a frame change for me on these gameplays as the weapons can drain your power up real quick.

rontu88@hotmail.com
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008 05:40:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fragman wrote:
Blutarsky wrote:
Fragman wrote:

Mine is an LG 20" 16:10 with 1680x1250
athlon 5000+ dual x64, 2 gig ocz, and of course the geforce 8600gt 256. This res is really tough to play with on a variety of maps, especially more char/thick maps etc.... I am constantly arguing with myself swapping res back and forth from 1024x768 Razz because I never was a fan of lower res but I have to deal with it for now. I think things will be much better with 2 more gig of ram and another geforce 8600. I HOPE! The world would be a better place if we could all run our highest res and still float on 80fps heh....

Getting 30-40 like yourself for frames...

P.S. I was a huge Onslaught fan so I play some Warfare as well along with DM reg weps, so there is definitely a frame change for me on these gameplays as the weapons can drain your power up real quick.

If your monitor is 16:10, try downing your resolution to 1440 x 900. You'll get virtually the same image quality and a boost in fps.

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i just put aftershave on my nuts
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008 09:39:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I can't get my custom crosshair to work. I'm trying to use the dot just like Bluto. I have in my UTWeapon.ini the following:

[UTGame.UTWeapon]
bUseCustomCoordinates=true
CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=474,V=28,UL=9,VL=Cool
CrosshairColor=(R=0,G=255,B=0,A=255)

Yet when I go into the game I still get the default crosshair. Pretty lame.

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
CloakedKilla
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008 09:49:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, I got it working. You have to enable Simple crosshairs in the settings. Razz

dude
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
i'm crying
Sephirrrrrrrrrroth says:
Forum index » UT Gaming » UT3 Chat

Page 2 of 2 [29 Posts]
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2