Forum index » General Public » Politics
Reply to topic
{=TLA=}Gemini
Rampage
Rampage

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007 07:31:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/2edwfw

I found the conversation interesting and entertaining.
Thanks for sharing.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007 01:36:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{=TLA=}Gemini wrote:
Phy wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

I'm so ADD that I had to visit my own link to remember what I posted. Wink

Johne (Phy) Cook | Overlord, Ray Gun Revival
Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007 01:40:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
{=TLA=}Gemini wrote:
Phy wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

I'm so ADD that I had to visit my own link to remember what I posted. Wink

is that ADD or early onset senility?

i'd love to be using the ADD reasoning, but crazy runs in my family
KeltiK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2007 11:47:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phy wrote:
For myself, I'm pretty well done defending the Administration. I'm not a mindless, thoughtless party-liner. I've been lied to as much as you have, and I don't like it any better than you do. That doesn't mean I'm 'sliding to the left', merely that I remain where I've always been as the administration has gone off into this other direction that is neither left nor right. It's like they invented a Z-axis of arrogance and deception, and I'm frankly mystified and angry about the whole thing.

This sums up where I am at present:

That was well said.

I have done some soul searching in the past couple of years and come to the conclusion that I was a war monger. Never again will I be so foolish. In the future I will demand that every thing that can be done, be done before going to war....by this I am referring to Iraq and not Afganistan. And then only go to war when there is absolutely no way to avoid a imminent and direct threat to the United States of America. I have come to the conclusion that the US needs to mind its own business and stop sticking it's nose into every one elses business. I am not a big fan of Chavez but I find myself agreeing with some of the things he says about the US bossing around the rest of the world.

I firmly believe that we are going to one day have a major confrontation with Iran and it will be because we took out Sadaam. The lesser of two evils would have been to leave Sadaam in place to check Iran's power. It also would have let us concentrate more on Afganistan.

Interestingly enough I took an online quiz the other day to see what candidate best suited me. The top two were Hillary and Obama. I dont know if any one remembers but I said in a long ago post I would have no problem voting for Hillary. Funny how things work out.

Any way hello all. I am still in Tennessee waiting on global warming to flood New York City and California so I can have some new places to go fishing. Wink

"Son, always go hard and fast enough so that when you hit the ditch you can pull out the other side."
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2007 02:25:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeltiK wrote:
Any way hello all. I am still in Tennessee waiting on global warming to flood New York City and California so I can have some new places to go fishing. Wink

KeltiK! Heya! wb!

Raven-MOK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2007 08:54:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeltiK wrote:

I firmly believe that we are going to one day have a major confrontation with Iran and it will be because we took out Sadaam. The lesser of two evils would have been to leave Sadaam in place to check Iran's power. It also would have let us concentrate more on Afganistan.

Does funding someone else's war and letting iraqis and inranians kill each other with american war technology not make you a war monger?

The US did this throughout the iran-iraq war. covertly funding and supplying both sides so that one would never lose, which ensure that neither would ever win and the only byproduct was more and more dead innocents and crazier and crazier leaders.

this is also the same mentality that was used in covertly funding and suppying the afganis during their occupation by the soviets. we never supplied them with what they needed to actually beat the soviets. we just gave them enough to ensure the struggle would last a long time and be very costly to both the soviets and afghanis in blood.

this is the mentality that created UBL, becuase he watched it happen before his very eyes. it's a major reason he thinks the US = devil. (aside for the whole "not Muslim" thing).
Maverick
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2007 03:42:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven-MOK wrote:
this is the mentality that created UBL

Holy crap that name scared the crap out of me. I thought I was going to have to bring back an old photo of myself. I had to re-read it to realize you are talking about Bin Laden, and not UBL.

Nemo me impune lacessit
KeltiK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2007 02:26:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven-MOK wrote:
KeltiK wrote:

Does funding someone else's war and letting iraqis and inranians kill each other with american war technology not make you a war monger?

The US did this throughout the iran-iraq war. covertly funding and supplying both sides so that one would never lose, which ensure that neither would ever win and the only byproduct was more and more dead innocents and crazier and crazier leaders.

this is also the same mentality that was used in covertly funding and suppying the afganis during their occupation by the soviets. we never supplied them with what they needed to actually beat the soviets. we just gave them enough to ensure the struggle would last a long time and be very costly to both the soviets and afghanis in blood.

this is the mentality that created UBL, becuase he watched it happen before his very eyes. it's a major reason he thinks the US = devil. (aside for the whole "not Muslim" thing).

I could not agree more. But one thing where it concerns me. I have never supported arming other nations but I did support going into Iraq. Thus my pointing out my own failure in the matter. Both sides were fighting before we armed them and would have continued to fight whether we armed them or not. They would still be fighting if we had left Sadaam in place. Yes we should not have armed them but we also should have left Sadaam in place as well.

"Son, always go hard and fast enough so that when you hit the ditch you can pull out the other side."
Phy
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2007 10:28:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick wrote:
Raven-MOK wrote:
this is the mentality that created UBL

Holy crap that name scared the crap out of me. I thought I was going to have to bring back an old photo of myself. I had to re-read it to realize you are talking about Bin Laden, and not UBL.

Whew! Me, too. lol. How pathetic is that?

Forum index » General Public » Politics

Page 2 of 2 [24 Posts]
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2