UTGamers.com Forum Index

UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Forum index » UT Gaming » UT Archives » Mapping and Scripting » Map Making » Tutorial Sites
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Grendel-HoC
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2002 11:32:57 pm    Post subject: UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts Reply with quote

Only one I know of so far for UT2K3.
http://udn.epicgames.com/pub/Content/WebHome/

PS: Anyone able to get the terrain builder to work properly? Something isn't right with mine and I would be curious to hear your experiences so far with the new editor.

Frenchie
Rampage
Rampage

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2002 07:01:51 pm    Post subject: Re:UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts Reply with quote

i got my terrain done right Very Happy
Tokenizer
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2002 07:11:38 pm    Post subject: Re:UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts Reply with quote

I've just been writing scripts, the fucking UED is a POS and always will be!

Unfortunatly, I know that this evil mistress I call UED will suck me in sooner or later. From what I've heard the terrain is pretty easy to use though, what kinds of problems are you having? Is it the brush or layering textures on it? I'll see if I can help out tonight when I get home to UED, but for now.... uscript and NotePad baby!

BTW: Notepad has never crashed on me, but that !@%^$ editor!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Madness
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2002 09:10:34 pm    Post subject: Re:UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts Reply with quote

ah man I'm still waiting on my UT2K3 version.
Preorder my ass...I could better wait becouse I'll already payed for it and I have to wait till at least friday.
And another store already has it !#@%!%.
Oh well gues I have to wait Wink

Visit my site at http://www.d-version.nl

*crunch crunch* hmmm BLT
Grendel-HoC
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2002 09:53:14 pm    Post subject: Re:UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts Reply with quote

The problem is when I add terrain with the new terrain brush, it always builds below my main subtracted 'world cube' that I'm trying to add it too. And then it's invisble and no matter how many times I try to add a texture to it to make it visible it still does nothing. That doesn't bother me so much as the fact that it won't build INSIDE the main subtracted area. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Do I have to build the terrain first and THEN the world bounding box?

Or, if someone could just point me to a tutorial that works for them, I could give that a try.

And, yes, UnrealEd is a flaky bit of software but fairly easy to use.

Tokenizer
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2002 04:04:02 am    Post subject: Re:UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts Reply with quote

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216389

Thats a pretty good explanation. They refer to a tut on UDN in that thread. I would also recommend that site as it is run by epic and atari.

http://udn.epicgames.com/pub/Content/WebHome/

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Grendel-HoC
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2002 06:10:48 am    Post subject: Re:UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts Reply with quote

Yes, I saw and tried the UDN tutorial. That's the one that doesn't seem to work right for me. I have the problem mentioned above.

I'll take a look at the forum posting one when I have some time. Thanks. Smile

Grendel-HoC
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2002 02:44:24 am    Post subject: Re:UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts Reply with quote

I tried the tut on the forums and that had much better results. Smile Thanks

DreamCodes
Rampage
Rampage

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2002 08:55:45 pm    Post subject: Re:UnrealEd 3 - Warfare Engine Tuts Reply with quote

when u add the first ALPHA texture, the base one, put the ALPHA channel to 255

but for each other textures u gonna add, put 0 for the ALPHA.

also, u need to PAINT your terrain, if u really want to see it, switch from vertex editing to painting, select the layer u want to paint with, and ctrl left click (to add), ctrl right click (to delete). if u dont do that.

HEY OH!! Cheaters HERE!! Cheaters THERE!!! CHEATERS EVERYWHERE!!!!
Undaunted
Dominating
Dominating

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2006 05:08:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol this post is 4 years old Razz ddaaaaannngg Razz

2k3 > 2k4

The world is small nasty and complicated and everybody dies alone
ZERO
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2006 11:25:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. and yet another thread that should have died long ago is brought back...

lips sealed

ZERO

Forum index » UT Gaming » UT Archives » Mapping and Scripting » Map Making » Tutorial Sites

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]