UTGamers.com Forum Index

Worst Customer Service
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Forum index » UT Gaming » UT Archives » UT2004 Chat
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TAZTG
Dominating
Dominating

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2005 04:33:58 pm    Post subject: Worst Customer Service Reply with quote

I am just curious and would like to hear your thoughts and experiences.
Let me narrow it down and select any thing that deals with Gaming.
This could be with Online Retailers for Computers, Game Server Hosting Companies, Local Stores (BestBuy) etc.
I have to say by far my worst Customer Service Experience is with GriffinRun.
Yea, go figure!! Heard how great the servers are and saw all the low pings. Sweet.. Has anyone tried to deal with lately? Sheesh talk about crappy CS. If you have questions don't bother asking them they will just tell you to submit an email. Need to request something Submit Email. Try to get them in IRC forget it if they are there they tell you to submit an email. Thats fine and Dandy. I submit email and never received a response or action requested was never completed. I usually ended up asking another GR Customer how to do Admin stuff. Whats up with them not even having a Forum Site?

Here's a few questions I asked after my Server was Activated. I added items to the UT2004.ini file and uploaded it back to the Server.
I asked in IRC and on the Phone How do I restart the Server to activate the new UT2004.ini file? What are all the extra Folders in the FTP (Start, Restart, Stop, Status etc)?
Their Answer Read the Tutorials. I did and the answer to my question is not there. Submit a Email with your questions. OK Fine can you restart the Server for me. NO, you have to submit an Email??

Few nites later after I recieved guidance form MadDog and Tazman. I was inquiring about relocating Server from ATL to NY. Is there a Fee? How Long would it take? Their Answer, Submit an Email. They actually replied back 36 hours later. LOL.. OK, I submits my request to have Server Relocated even paid their assnine fee and its been almost 72 hrs and server still not relocated. Guess I have to submit another Email to ask whats the status of my request??

TAZTG CASE MODS
WK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2005 04:47:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine was with best buy, ild tell teh story, but frankly i dont have hte energy right now, its that long. but ill never buy from best buy again if any kinda of warrenty is involved.

You know Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump. Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and he won a ping-pong competition? That ain’t retarded.

You went full retard, man. Never go full retard.
Techslacker
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2005 03:59:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda tough to pick out the worst one but since you mentioned GriffinRun, note my little escapade with them recently regarding the uda server over on {TDC}'s site(GriffinRun support or possibly lack of). I merely asked them if they could check into why there were such high pings in my route so close to the server and the status on a fix. I'd guess that they spent all of about 40 sec on any of it which included not reading my emails very carefully to see when this was happening and not even understanding what good customer service really is.

They don't understand that with where the problem is that it impacts their business. People don't want servers where players have high pings and then traffic suffers. I've noticed alot of others with higher than normal pings on there lately as well and am wondering if that is contributing to the lower player turnout on there lately. Sure there's the argument that the community is dying but there has been a big drop it seems over the last two or so weeks since this all started.
)V(@[)_(]()G[LBP]
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2005 08:17:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be the first to admit that GR customer service has gone downhill as of late. This was not the case when I got my first server from them a while back (maybe 6-8 months ago). They had an excellent customer service with close to 24-7 customer support. You could chat with a tech online and they would try to resolve your problem right there on the spot. This is not the case now and it's a shame cause they have some of the best servers to ping ratio (imo) to that of many of their competitors. I say this cause I've checked around at alot of the server companies around and most of them can't even compete with GR when it comes to low pings. I do believe that customer service is important though. I just hope I never have a problem with my server that I can't fix myself or I am in for a world of aggrevation.

PS
If any of you out there know of any server providers with excellent customer service and low ping servers as well then let us know.
Forum index » UT Gaming » UT Archives » UT2004 Chat

Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]