UTGamers.com Forum Index

Read this thread please:
Moderators:  UTG Mods
Forum index » UT Gaming » UT Archives » Announcements
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DEV}i{L
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2004 03:49:12 pm    Post subject: Read this thread please: Reply with quote

Those UT99 Clans that might not have plans to move to ut2004,
This may change your mind

http://forums.instagiber.net/showthread.php?t=8054

Quote:
UT2004 is by far better than UT2003, and with the Addition of the mutator I released even better than UT99, for those of us that enjoyed UT99, and would like to remain with the Old way of movements Leave your name at the Bottom, and the clan your afiliated with, I will be Presenting something to the IGL Ladder Staff and would like to have everything organized before I do it.

I'll be the first to sign

Current Signers:

DEVIL - }i{nstagibers
Ob}i{wan - }i{nstagibers Alumni Team
MorB}i{uS - old fart, but still have a decent aim

movement Mutator here

Quote:
UTClassic Movement Mutator

http://devil.instagiber.net/mutator.rar
Allows you to Configure the game so that you don't have Double Jump, Dodgejump, and also Wall Dodging.

Works with area mutators as well, this is a fix basically, So it works with instagib ect.
Tokenizer
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2004 04:18:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTClassic... *your* mutator?

I'm confused to say the least since Epic released the same thing for 2k3 with the same name that did the same thing.

EDIT: Nevermind... actually *read* the readme. Wink

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
DEV}i{L
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2004 04:34:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe Smile
Anguis
Killing Spree
Killing Spree

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2004 09:52:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont feel like registering..but i would sign for support from 4 clans, lol...UkS, MoB, S'PORT and Masters
DEV}i{L
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2004 10:32:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll put you down.
should that be Anguis for all 4 clans?
baboo
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2004 03:58:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard similar things about 2k3. It was just a new game. I don't have plans to move to 2k4 until we're forced to do so. That means UT dies or the vast majority of our clan decides to make the move. I'll wait and see if 2k4 is a reasonable continuation of UT. 2k3 was not.

old age and treachery will ultimately overcome youth and exuberence
DEV}i{L
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2004 08:17:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I must say it does feel alot like old ut, and with the addition of this mutator, and Makes it feel even more closer.
Anguis
Killing Spree
Killing Spree

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2004 01:39:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEV}i{L wrote:
i'll put you down.
should that be Anguis for all 4 clans?

yes Smile
KeltiK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2004 05:04:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game does feel alot like the old UT and with Devils mutator I am sure it will be even closer to that feeling. I think people that say they love that UT99 style of play need to use Devil's mutator and then get back to this thread and tell everyone else what they think. At least give it a shot. I will be trying out the mutator here soon as well and I really dont care about returning to the UT99 style of play.
UTJunkie
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2004 05:33:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeltiK wrote:
The game does feel alot like the old UT and with Devils mutator I am sure it will be even closer to that feeling. I think people that say they love that UT99 style of play need to use Devil's mutator and then get back to this thread and tell everyone else what they think. At least give it a shot. I will be trying out the mutator here soon as well and I really dont care about returning to the UT99 style of play.

I care about seeing the skins.. They need a brightskins patch...

[] One Name, One Legend.
KeltiK
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2004 07:04:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTJunkie wrote:
KeltiK wrote:

I care about seeing the skins.. They need a brightskins patch...

I am fiddling around with a mutator that I wrote to turn up the AmbientGlow of a player. However it does not appear to work very well in maps with crappy lighting. I think our best bet is for someone to take the skins that came with the game and modify them to be true bright skins. Then we put them on our servers and on our redirects so that they get pushed down to everyone that connects. I can not stand how dark the skins are.
Tokenizer
Unstoppable
Unstoppable

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2004 07:53:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Keltik, if you want to work on a mutator together PM me. I've been looking for someone to show some interest and team up to make something cool for a long time with no luck. In the past I was way to busy to spend a lot of time on something like this but some of my previous commitments are no longer comsuming my time and I'd be interested in developing something innovative as a mod.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Bawman00
UTGamer
UTGamer

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2004 09:22:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, right now it's a competition as to who can use the darkest skin - just as it was in 2k3. On grendelkeep, for example, a lot of the models just blend in with their backrounds.

Get going on that Keltik! :p In the demo it was nice having that on the BoB server.
Forum index » UT Gaming » UT Archives » Announcements

Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]